Chapter 23

Part twenty three

  Squinting at the bright light Kim pulled the sheets over her head. Cheryl laughed, hooking the curtains back to the wall, looking out at the still water of their private pool. Opening the window she felt the warm air fill the previously air conditioned room.

  "Come on sleepy head!" Cheryl teased, pulling slightly at the bottom of the bedding. Feeling Kimberley pull back she relaxed her hold on the sheet, stepping back.

  "I guess I'll just have to rub my own suncream in..." she decided, sighing loudly for effect. She smiled to herself as she saw Kimberley's body fidget briefly under the covers.

  "I'm so tired...it's your fault for keeping me up so late." Kim spoke grumpily, her head still covered as she stretched out in the bed. A smile crept across the older girls lips as she heard her girlfriend's reply.

  "Didn't hear you complaining last night..." Cheryl told her with a twinkle in her eye. "Come on Kimba, I don't want to waste the whole time in bed...well...not sleeping anyway!"

  Kimberley pulled the sheets away from her face, covering her eyes with her hand as she adjusted to the light. Scanning the room for Cheryl her eye's came to rest by the window, the brunette's body silhouetted slightly by the suns rays.

  "Wow..." Kimberley started, taking in the unexpected view.

  Cheryl stood, leaning on the window sill with one arm, the other arm bent at the elbow, her hand resting against the warm skin at her hip. She was wearing a tiny red and white striped bikini, the swell of her chest covered by the thin fabric, which had been tied behind her neck. Her hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail, held in place by a large clip. The lower half of her costume sat just below her hips, held in place with a bow either side. The muscles in her stomach flexed under the watchful gaze of her girlfriend. Pushing herself up onto her elbows Kim shook her head at the brunette.

  "Seriously Cheryl, how the hell was your case so big when your clothes are so tiny?!"

  "Just making the most of the sun Kimba!" she chuckled, looking down at herself, adjusting her top a little. "I'm making breakfast...if you want any?"

  Kim frowned at her before speaking. "You're making breakfast? You tell me babe, do I want any?!" she asked, mocking Cheryl's cooking ability.

  Cheryl scowled back, playfully poking her tongue out before leaving the bedroom. Calling back over her shoulder Cheryl warned her girlfriend.

  "Get your lazy ass out of bed Kimba...or I'll drag you out.

  Kim laughed, rolling herself out of the bed and wandering across to the window. She smiled as she felt the heat on her face, looking up into the clear blue sky. Reaching for her own bikini she pulled it on, turning to glance at her reflection, adjusting the fabric slightly. Hearing Cheryl singing to herself in the kitchen she smiled, heading out to find her.

     **************

  Kim stood in the doorway, looking out onto the balcony. Cheryl had set a little table up, covered in a pale blue table cloth. Sitting in the centre was a small vase, filled with wild flowers that Kimberley recognised from around the villa. A steaming teapot was positioned next to the vase, with two mugs waiting to be filled. Feeling an arm wrap around her bare waist she turned to face Cheryl, lovingly kissing her forehead. 

  "It looks lovely."

  "Don't get excited." Cheryl laughed. "Why don't you go and sit down, I'll join you in a second."

  Kimberley wandered outside, pulling a chair out to take a seat at the table. She smiled at Cheryl's thoughtfulness, a cushion placed on the seat to prevent her bare legs from sticking to the warm plastic. Pouring them both a mug of tea she jumped, hearing Cheryl's stressed voice echoing from inside the villa.