Chapter 9

part nine

  Kimberley stretched out in the large bed, pushing her legs into the cooler patches and sliding her arm across to gently rest her hand on Cheryl's stomach. Tucking her fingers under the edge of her vest to stroke her soft warm skin, Kim smiled to herself. Opening her eyes to look at her lover, she felt a flutter of love in her stomach, a lump rising to her throat as she took in Cheryl's beauty.

  "Alright?!"

  Kim jumped, sitting up immediately, pushing herself upwards and back into the headboard with a bang.

  "F*ck! You scared the sh*t out of me! What the hell are you doing you psycho?!" Kimberley yelled. She stared towards the end of the bed at Sarah, who had pulled a chair up to the bed and was currently reclining in it, feet propped up on the mattress.

  "Erm...you might want to...err..." Sarah wagged her finger up and down, gesturing to Kim's naked body.

  "F*ck!" Kim screamed for the second time, grasping for the sheet to cover herself."What the hell are you doing in here?!"

  "Well, that's what I was going to ask actually." Sarah replied, a cheeky smile creeping to her lips.

  Kim's face flushed as she struggled to come up with anything. Sighing she resigned herself to the fact that they would have to come clean.

  "Cheryl..." Kim nudged her in the side.

  "2 more minutes..." Cheryl mumbled, snuggling deeper into the bed.

  "Morning Cheryl!" Sarah called.

  Cheryl looked up, eyes squinting, to see Sarah, still laid back in her chair, legs outstretched onto the mattress, now waving happily in Cheryl's direction.

  "Sh*t!" Cheryl sat bolt upright, eyes darting sideways to look at her girlfriend, who was still clutching the sheet to her chest.

  "So...." Sarah started."You two...." she smiled, raising her eyebrows.

  "It's not what you think Sarah!" Cheryl interrupted."Tell her Kimba."

  "Erm...I....err..." Kim tried, still struggling.

  "Kimba?" Sarah questioned."Pet names too? Cute."

  Cheryl gulped loudly, looking desperately at Kim to resolve the situation.

  "Seriously Sarah, Kim just crashed here last night, we were drunk, first bed we came across, you know how it is..." she rambled.

  "Just crashed here?" Sarah repeated.

  Cheryl and Kimberley nodded their heads.

  "Oh right. So erm...Cheryl, where's your pants?!" she asked, beginning to chuckle.

Kim looked across, subconsciously gripping her own sheets tighter, opening her mouth but no words would come out.

  "Kim! For f*cks sake! Tell her will you?!" Cheryl shouted, panic rising, tears beginning to well in her eyes.

  "Calm down Tweedy." Sarah smiled. "I'm only winding you up, its no big deal. You're actually quite cute together. I don't know how I didn't notice it earlier if I'm honest."

  "What?!" Kim asked, finally finding her tongue."You've known?! How long?!"

  "Well I've had a gut feeling for a while now but when I walked in on the pair of you sh*gging last night it kind of gave the game away!" Sarah laughed.

  "You walked in on us?" Cheryl whispered, barely looking up from her hands which were clenched tightly in her lap."This is your fault." She looked up at Kim, a single tear dropping to run down her cheek.

  "What?!" Kim muttered, confused. She reached a hand out to touch Cheryl's. She snatched it away.

  "Why did you come in here last night?!" Cheryl's voice was growing louder and louder with each word she spoke."Did you plan this?! You knew we would be caught didn't you?!" Cheryl sat up in bed, swinging her legs to the side and grabbing for her jeans.

  "What? No...I just..."

  "You f*cking planned this!" Cheryl screamed, tears now freely streaming down her cheeks."You knew I didn't want anyone to know. I can't believe you did this to me kimba...Kimberley." she corrected, throwing her a look of disgust.

  "No Cheryl...listen...I swear!"

  "Oh f*ck off." Cheryl spat, pushing part Sarah's legs to exit the bedroom.

  "Cheryl don't go, its fine." Sarah said, trying to reason with her.

  "Fine?" Cheryl laughed incredulously, shaking her head. She stalked out of the room, the door slamming against the wall as she went.

  Kim sat on the edge of the bed as she heard the front door slam. Leaning forwards her body shook as the tears overwhelmed her. Scooping her into a hug Sarah comforted her, stroking her hair.

  "I'm so sorry Kim, I'm so sorry."she repeated."I didn't realise it was a sensitive issue. I was just f*cking about with you both!!! Aaargh, I'm such a tw*t, this is all my fault I'm so sorry babe!"

  Kim looked up, face puffy and blotchy. Gulping back tears she spoke quietly to the blonde.

  "I swear I didn't plan this Sarah, I really didn't."

  "Shhh" Sarah comforted."I know. Cheryl knows it too Kim. She Just panicked, she lashed out that's all. Don't worry, we'll sort this."

  The tears overwhelmed her once more, Sarah holding her until she calmed, fighting to stop herself from shedding a guilty tear.

  "I don't want to lose her."