Party, Alcohol, Ex. Bad mix.

We arrived at the apartment. We could hear some faint pop music and Zac did a little dance with me as we waited for someone to open the door. I laughed and pressed my forehead against his shoulder. Zac was the best person to just... let go with. You could have more fun in a half hour with Zac than you could do with the majority of people in a day.

Selena and Alex awkwardly stood the side, their hands linked. I tried not to focus on them, and I avoided eye contact at every possible turn. Ace, Cam and Zac were making it easy for me, deliberately choosing to stand by my side and in front of me. It was like I had my own private army of bodyguards which was the one plus about the whole stupid situation.

The door flew open and a girl with short hair and a splattering of freckles greeted us. She was dressed in a pair of jean dungaree's and underneath she was wearing a plain white shirt with block letters: I'm with the doctor. I recognized which TV character she was immediately.

"Rose!" I laughed, "From Doctor Who!"

She had a very mischievous little smile which managed to bring across both a sweetness and a kind of spunk. She nodded and shook my hand, and then backtracked as she took in Selena standing next to Alex. She turned back to me, her dark brows drawn together before shrugging and moving on to shake hands with Zac.

Zac's mouth was a little open. I think it was the first time I saw him caught off guard. He was looking at 'Rose' as if the entire world had melted away and that there was just, simply... her.

"Hi," she said to him, and a very clear English accent flowed through her voice, "I'm Jane Rupert."

Zac just stood there, his eyes roaming over her face, memorizing every small freckle which graced her nose. I looked at Cam, who's face expressed the same shock and absolute glee that I was feeling. Ace rolled his eyes at me, although a small smile was tugging his lips upward. He then sharply elbowed Zac who jumped back into action.

"I'm Zac... are you British?" he asked, his voice a little husky.

"Yeah..." she laughed and then turned to us, as if she'd forgotten us. "Oh, sorry! How rude of me... please, come on in, guys!"

Cam clapped Zac on his shoulder before straightening his costume and swaggering inside like only a model could. Ace put a hand on my shoulder and firmly pushed us inside, murmuring something in my ear. I thought it had something to do with Zac and Jane, but it was very hard to concentrate when his lips were grazing my earlobe.

Cam had made his way to the drinks table and he was chatting up the girl who lived one floor down from us. She was dressed as a nurse and I wondered what TV show she was trying to impersonate... Scrubs! Of course! Pleased that I had worked out the puzzle, I started to have a debate with Ace about who everyone was dressed up as. I loved costume parties, I decided.

"Serena, so glad you came!" someone shouted happily, and moving right past me, caught Selena in their arms and hugged her tightly.

Selena awkwardly wriggled her way out of their arms and started to explain that she was my twin sister, not actually me. They started to laugh, thinking it was a bad prank until they saw me standing next to Ace. It was almost comical how round their eyes got before shaking their head and taking us back in.

"But! Serena never said...." the neighbor was absolutely flabbergasted.

Ace pressed his lips together, and grabbed my arm. He promptly pulled me onto the makeshift dance floor and pulled me close to him. I saw Zac and Jane sitting on a tiger-striped sofa, deep in conversation. Actually Jane was telling him something, gesturing wildly with her hands as Zac just sat there and looked at her, occasionally cracking a joke.