Chapter Twelve: Cas's Recovery

(Sorry, this is mostly a filler/starter. The next few chapters will really pick up the intensity!)

Castiel's POV

Dean and I were finally a couple! I was glad to be free from Crowley after.. Well, you know..

-

A few days later, I was laid out at home in my bedroom, with my head bandaged, my eyes covered with a wet washcloth, and my back elevated with pillows. I was extremely too comfortable after laying in that position for three days.

"Gabe?" I asked raspily, my voice cracking from not talking for so long. He popped out of the doorway and stared at me.

"What's wrong, Cas? Is the washcloth getting dry or something?" He asked, sounding out of breath.

"No, I was just wondering if you were home yet or not.. But, are you okay? You seem winded."

"Yeah yeah!" He said, catching his breath. "I just got done with practice, and I ran home to check on you." He explained, smiling assuringly. I sighed and smiled a little back.

"If you say so..." I chuckled. "Have you seen Dean, by the way? He hasn't visited me since Monday.." I said. Gabe laughed at me.

"Aw, does Cassie miss his boyfriend?"

"S-Shuddup! I just want to see him, that's all." I pouted, crossing my arms. Gabe came over and ruffled my hair.

"I didn't mean anything by it, Cas. Don't worry, he's coming over later. He and Sam had to deal with a family problem." He said, patted my head, then left the room. I sighed.
"I hope he's okay.." I said softly to myself, worrying a little.

Dean's POV

"Dad, why're you here right now?" I asked, seeing the tall, rugged man standing in front of me at the front steps. Sam was behind me, and he peeked out at Dad.

"Dad?"

"Hey Sammy. Dean. How's life?" He said in a husky, slurred tone. I could tell the bastard was drunk. He wanted to come inside, but I blocked the doorway. He stared at me with an unbelieving look. "Dean, be a nice kid and let your Dad inside." He said with a chuckle and a smile. I crossed my arms and shook my head.

"No, Dad. Go back to whatever hell you came from." I said sternly. He laughed at me.

"Alright you little brat, let me in my own damn house or I swear I'll kick the shit outta you." He growled, sneering at me and Sam. I just prepared myself for whatever was about to happen.

-

Castiel's POV

I woke up from another nap with a yawn, as I heard the front door being pounded on. I guessed it was either Samandriel getting home late from school again, or somebody trying to get our attention. "Gabe! Get the door!" I yelled, unable to get up from bed since the blankets were wrapped around me like a cocoon. I heard the shuffling of footsteps, then the opening of the door.

"Cas, it's for you. It's Dean." He said, sounding upset. I wondered why.

"Let him in, Gabe."

"Sam's here too." Gabe said with a sigh. "I'll keep him company."

I sighed and twiddled my thumbs, waiting for Dean to come to see me. He entered the room, and shut off the light on my bedside table. I looked up at him, confused. "Do you not want to be seen, Dean?" I asked, turning my head to get a glimpse of his face. It was a little too dark, but the light from the hall gave me a little bit of a peek. He was crying. "Dean.. What's-"

"Don't ask, Cas. Please.." He said softly, sitting beside me on the bed. He sighed and flopped back, resting his head in my lap. "Cas, I messed up. I messed up real bad." He said, covering his eyes with his hands. I patted his head, gently stroking his hair with my fingers.

"What do you mean, Dean? Did something happen at home? In the street? At the shop?" I was so confused. He just nodded and looked up at the ceiling.

"Yeah. But, I'd rather not talk about it. Okay?"

I nodded. He smiled at me and looked up to see my face. After we shared a kiss, I let him nap with me. It was nice for a while, just lying there beside him, watching the rise and fall of his chest as he slept. But, I couldn't fall asleep as easy as he did. My mind was filled with thoughts as to why Dean was so late, why he was crying, and why he didn't want me to see his face. I just ignored all the violent outcomes and reasons my mind came up with, and just fell asleep, curled into Dean's side like a kitten.