Chapter Four: An New "Friend"

Castiel's POV
The next day wasn't too bad... Nobody had bothered me at all, and it was sort of confusing. "What in the world is going on? Aren't I a nerd? Isn't it a jock's duty to bully people like me?" I kept asking myself that constantly. I was extremely puzzled at this point. And when lunchtime came around, I didn't know what to do with myself. Gabe and a few of his jock buddies even sat with me, and reconciled yesterday's practice.
"Cas, what did you think of my throwing skills? Wasn't it amazing?" Alex Doer, (one of the bullies that had swirlied me) asked. I nodded.

"The speed and velocity of your throws were quite interesting and impressive, Alex." I replied with a smile. He smiled back, and chuckled a bit.

"Hey hey Cas! What did you think of my tackling? I hit Dean-o pretty hard, didn't I?" Gabe asked with a laugh. I nodded.

"It was an excellent tackle, Gabriel." I said, complying to my brother's reckless wishes. Gabe smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Thanks Cas. I thought you made a pretty good cheerleader as well." He said with a smirk. I lightly punched him in the shoulder, and crossed my arms.

"I only wore that stupid outfit because you threatened to leave me there with Dean... " I replied, hiding my face from further embarrassment. The rest of the guys at the table laughed.

"You should've seen the look on Dean's face, Cas. It was priceless!" Alex laughed, unable to stop. I rolled my eyes.

"So what? What did he think of me in a skirt? That I was cute or something?" I asked in a mocking tone. The rest of the guys at the table suddenly stopped laughing and stared at me. "Umm.. Am I correct or are you guys just out of laughs?" I asked, a bit confused as to why they were staring at me.

"No no, we could laugh all damn day if we wanted to. But.. It's just.. You pretty much stole the words out of our mouths, Cas."

"H-huh? So... Dean did think I was cute..?" I asked, really curious as to if that was true or not. They nodded, and chuckled.

"Yes Cas, he did. He practically freaked out after you and Gabe left. It was hilarious! He must really like you." Scott said with a smile. It made me blush, so I covered my face.

"S-shuddup guys.. I-it's not a big deal or anything... So what if D-Dean likes me..?" I said, nervously.

"C'mon Cas, you should totally ask him out." Alex suggested. I shook in my skin, and pondered the thought.

"Y-you really think so..?"

"Duh, dude. If you don't, some girl will snatch him up in a heartbeat." Scott said with a laugh.

"O-ok then, I-I will." I said, rising up from my seat. "W-where is he right now..?"

"Gym I think." Gabe said with a smile. "Go get'em Cas."

And with that, I raced off to go find Dean. "Running through the halls is harder than I thought..." I said to myself as I scooted past a bunch of other students. After a while, I could spot the gym, and I made a sharp turn into the locker room hall, where I knew Dean would be. But, I slammed into something soft, which confused me. I looked up, and saw a guy with slick black hair, a leather jacket, and a bandage on his cheek. I stepped back quickly, and tried not to stutter as I apologized. But, before I could even open my mouth, he said something first.
"Ello Cassie~" he said with a grin on his face. It scared the living crap out of me.