prologue

0.

The storm rages on outside the hospital walls. The unforgiving thunder rolls and the lights flicker. As the lightening cracks and lights up the sky, revealing it's dark storm clouds, I sit nervously in the office.

Mrs. Saunders walks in and let's the office door close heavily behind her. Her black nurse outfit wrinkles lightly as she walks around me, making her way to her new big mahogany desk.

The ever lasting stern look on her face gives me the chills. Her eyes resembles her husbands, same cool shade of blue, though hers hold spots of grey. Knowing what she's like as a boss I'd prefer him over her any day.

"Violet, you've been working here for a couple years now. I know you know the rules and how things work. Well I'm here to tell you that everything is changed or is about to be. My husband clearly couldn't handle this place so now I'm here to show how it's done. I've noticed your behaviour towards a certain patient of yours and I am not very fond of it. A bit unprofessional if I do say so myself Miss Kane, I don't know what's going on nor do I care to know but this is a warning and the only one you're going to get. Cut the shit or you're gone. And I hope you understand what I mean." Mrs. Saunders says, her stern voice giving off the authority to let anyone know she's the boss

"I'm certain I don't know what your talking about with all due respect ma'am, I treat all patients I look after with the same amount of respect and care. There is no more relations with patients other than that I can assure you." I say, my voice small and weak, she eyes me with a vicious glare. My eyes land in my lap, I then glance back up at her. She continues to stare at me and I shiver.

"Yesterday was your day off, correct?" Her icy eyes stare at me, intimidating me to the fullest.

"Y-yes" I stutter out and mentally curse at myself for not holding much confidence in my voice.

"Where were you? What did you do?" She questions and leans forward in her chair, her arms folded on the desk in front of her.

"I don't really see how that's any of your business." I say and want to slap myself. I dare to look at her, her eyes are already on me glaring as hard as she can.

"It is actually, so my employees don't go sticking their noses in business that does not require their attention. Tell me or you're fired."

I swallow harshly and fiddle with my fingers before looking at her and at the desk again quickly. "The book store." I answer quietly, I know she heard me because she leans back in her chair and hums.

"And what were you doing there little flower?" She asks, her voice low and menacing. I snap my eyes up at her at the use of the nickname I've only ever heard two people call me, one welcoming and loving, the other taunting and chilling and now her. Her smile is not a friendly one and the fear that's coursing through me is insane. Maybe I'm going insane, she did not just say that. But by the look on her face I can tell she did.

"What did you say?" I question, her face goes to mock sympathy before she rolls her eyes at me.

"I asked what you were doing at that book store yesterday, little flower? And you better answer me this time I will not repeat myself."

"I-I was looking at books," I say and bite my lip, my stomach is turning and I feel sick.

"Hm, anything in particular?" She asks, more like mocks me. I merely nod my head and she laughs a little. "Do tell dear, what's captured your interest so much?" She eyes me, I swallow the lump in my throat before answering.

"Demonology." I answer quietly and honestly she hums and remains quiet for a few seconds. I look up at her as she finally answers, the dark look in her eyes makes me widen my eyes in shock and is alarming, it is also one I've seen far too many times since he's come into my life.

"And you said this wasn't my business."

*
A.N- I have decided to edit this rather then delete it and start over lmao, so I apologize but it's going to be a while before a new update but this story will improve I promise.