Chapter 8

It has been two days since your last meeting. This time you weren't worried about him disappearing or something. You were pretty sure he will show up. It was Saturday, around 7PM and you were in your room playing a game on your phone. You had your headphones on and turned up the volume pretty high. Since the last time you two had met, everyone noticed you had changed. You seemed a little happier, and got into conversations more often. Everybody was happy to see that you weren't so down anymore and was happy that you are making you way back at least a little close to yourself. Just as you were passing a level, you felt a poke on your shoulder. You took off your headphones and turned around to meet a bunch of purplish blue hair in front of your face.

"OH MY GOD, AYATO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?"
"Shh" he put his finger on his lips and stood up "I was just passing by"
"How in the world do you know where I live" you stood up "and why did you scare me like that?"
He sat on your window "you left your window open, I didn't want to interrupt the whole house" he was now teasing you
"Next time think of a better way"

You two sat awkwardly in the silence. He was staring at his feet, and you were having a stare contest with a wall. But then he broke the ice.

"I was wondering... If you would like to go for a walk" He looked at you
"Okay, I just have to change, wait for me in front of the house, I will be quick"
"Ok"

Quick? A lie. You took forever to get ready. Clothes, makeup, hair and sometimes even nails but you decided to spare him this time. You tried to look as presentable as you could so he didn't have to wait for too long. A simple shorts with over knee socks, white T-shirt and a thin cardigan. You took your phone in your hands and made your way downstairs.
"Mom, Dad, I'm going out. I will be home before 9."
"Just be careful honey"
"I will mom"
You rushed out and found him standing in front of the gate. He turned around as soon as he heard the front door opening, and with wide eyes looked at you from your head to toes.

"What?"
He quickly looked back to your eyes
"Noting, come on"

You two just walked around the neighbor houses. You were talking about a lot of thing. Your childhood, school, friends, family... Everything that could be interesting to hear about. He told you about the organization, his ghoul life in general and he told you he has a sister, but is not in touch with her. You told him about your brother and how your life has been since then. You got a lot more comfortable around him, and he did with you. You even told each other some lame jokes, and let out a couple of tiny laughs fill the air. It was late already, and you didn't want to go yet. But you don't want to worry your mom and dad. As you two were walking back, Ayato suddenly grabbed you and he jumped with you on the roof top.

"What is happening?" You asked
"Don't look behind" he told you
Stubborn as you are, you had to, but before you even had a chance to have a look, a piercing scream was heard. You quickly diverted you eyes to him as tears filled them. He just shut his own. He didn't you to hear this. He knew it would remind you of your brother. A ghoul was probably devouring a woman. He slowly made his way to you and weakly hugged you. You started sobbing quietly and you wrapped your arms around him. Even though he was a bit uncomfortable hugging someone, he wanted you to know that you had someone to rely on. When no more screams were heard, he stepped away to look at you again.

"Let's take you home" he said

-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm really touched how there are people who vote and comment on this story even if they know my updates are unpredictable. Thank you so so so much for that! See you next time!!