Chapter Eleven:Missing Fireworks

Chapter Eleven: Missing Fireworks

"What are you going to do Ms.Inkheart?" He nervously asked at me, keeping a safe distance between us.

"It's Lena." He nodded. I heaved a frustrating sigh and pulled my lips between my teeth. "You always make your appearance on the most unfortunate event in my life." I glared at Alexander, rolling my eyes.

"What can I say, I need to check everything." He said looking around the busy field. "You looked like your going to explode."

"It's nice of you to point the obvious. Currently I think someone is trying to sabotage this event. Are you sure-" I glance back at the guy which is not there at my back anymore. I groaned. I think that he made his not so noticeable appearance when I was momentarily distracted by Alexander. "Where is that guy?"

"What guy?" He looked around.

"The maintenance guy I'm talking to a minute ago. That idiot make his sudden escape from me." I said frustrated, the fact that someone is out there sabotaging everything I've done is starting to get my blood boiled. "I need to find that fireworks before I'm going to lose my mind. But first I need to find that green shirt idiot. I saw him carry this box a while ago. That idiot! I'm going to make him pay for stressing me out. I'm starting to think castrating him ang pulling his arms and legs one at a time.' I started marching but abruptly stop.

"So, where do you think we should look first?" I glanced up at Alex with furrowed eyebrows.

"We? I don't recall asking you to go with me." I arched an eyebrow, crossing my arms in my chest.

"Time is ticking Lena. Are we going to waste some precious minutes arguing?" I narrowed my eyes at him. He obviously have a point. I turned and started walking with him at my side.

After a few minutes, he breaks the silence. "What do you think is the reason behind this sabotage?"

"Truthfully, I don't know." Even though I hate to admit it I'm clueless about this. My mind drifted to the conversation I heard a few nights ago. Does this sabotage somehow connected to that plan of theirs? But they said in a party not the opening night. And I'm starting to think that their targeting me too. It's no surprise though. First week here, I already made some enemies. Does the "she" their talking about is Amy? I can't say because I don't have proof if it's really her doings this crazy things. Now, I'm really starting to get myself involve deeply into this screw up evil plan of someone.

We was surrounded again with comfortable silence as we walked toward the dark secluded part of the field. It was at the side of the academy building near the forest. The lights from the festival didn't reach this part, making it a bit creepy and eerie. With the slight mist in the air, I think it's going to rain any minute now. My ears suddenly stood in attention making me on a sudden alert. I absentmindedly held a hand out to stop Alex in his tracks. I closed my eyes and feel my surroundings. Sensing that Alex will ask what's wrong, I opened my eyes and put my hand in his lips. Silencing him. I give him a warning look to be quiet. Hearing a faint shuffle of steps not far away from us, I grab him and move behind a bush. I push him to the ground and crouched down beside him peeking at the other side of the thick bush.

"What the hell!" Alex whisper yell. I give him a glacial glare to shut up. I glanced back behind the bush and saw three boys approaching our direction.

"Stay down and be quiet." I whisper, not even glancing at him. He ignored me and crouched down beside me. I ignore him too and zeroed my eyes at the three boys talking.

"Dude, it's hidden. Don't worry. That ice princess won't know where it is." The boy at the right side spoke up. My left eyebrow twitch. Is he talking about me? Oh, I'm going to let him pay.

The boy at the left side spoke up. "Everything went according to plan and the boss will be happy." He said smirking.

"You better. I don't want to disappoint her." I glared hard at the green shirt guy I recognize that carried the box earlier. So, they are also targeting me. Fuming, I started to get up behind the damn bush. Alex hands rounded my hips and pulled me down.

He put a finger in his lips. I was momentarily distracted of his full kissable lips. Oh my God, they are luscious. I thought. That's making me involuntarily leaned closer- no! What are you doing Lena. Snap. Out. Of. It.

"But, dude where did you hide it?"

"Are you nuts?! Somebody might hear."

Someone snorted. "Nobody will going to hear because no one wants to be here. Those stuck up bitch and jerks won't even step in this parts."

I imagine the green shirt guy nodded in agreement. "Let's just say somewhere wet and humid."

"Dude, but don't you think it will damage the fireworks?"

"I don't care idiot. Why do you think we hide it in the first place?"

"So that no one would find it and use it."

"So the idiot have brains after all. Stop asking stupid questions."

The voices passed us and faded until we can't hear anything besides our own breathing. But I wasn't paying attention and I was more focus on his lips. Seriously, what's wrong with me? I finally snap from my trance self and looked up at the smirking Alex. I coughed, standing up and looked around. I think their finally gone. If Alex didn't stop me, I might did something unladylike and not regret it.

"We have our clue. Somewhere wet and humid." Alex said, patting his pants. I thought for a second, racking my brain for a place close to that description.

"Is there a shed here or a basement nearby?" I asked Alex. Alex's eyes lit up and he grab my hand.

"I think there's a small shed not so far away from here. I think they definitely put it there. Nice thinking." I can't hear anything he said because my mind focused on his hand holding mine. I felt a warm feeling in my cheeks. Is it possible that I'm blushing? Darn it! I tug on my hand, making him suddenly drop it. He looked at me, confuse. I quickly walked ahead of him, fearing that he would see my flaming cheeks.

"There's no time to just stand there. Hurry up and let's go." I glance at my wrist watch and frowned. We only have ten freaking minutes before we need to go back and the opening will start.

"Do you know where are you going?" Alex asked making me stop mid-step. I turned to him.

"No."

"Thought so. Your going the wrong way. This way." He motioned for his head toward a trail that looked like it haven't used for a long time. I let him walked first and followed him.

"Are you sure you know where your going?" I asked pushing some branches away from my face.

"Of course. I discovered this place when I was in my second year here."

"Oh."

We push some branches covering the trail until a small shed that looked like it's hunted greeted us. I looked at the shed and puff some air in my mouth. Alex started to walked inside and I followed behind. I hesitated going in at first at the weird smell of the surroundings.

The things I do just to keep my scholarship.

Enjoying the story? Why not push that little vote button.

Have a great day!