Chapter Two:Waiting is not my specialty

Chapter Two: Waiting is Not my Specialty

After several frustrating minutes passed and the only thing that irritate me more is the blinking vertical line that is mocking me. Suddenly, my fingers begun their magic by tapping furiously on the keyboard until I have completed writing my letter. I smirked while scanning and checking for errors before I email it. Feeling satisfied and proud in completing it after three long weeks of procrastination. I patted my back for a job well done but I still need to take the examination which I heard is difficult. I snorted. Difficult my ass. I need this scholarship. There is no way I could afford the tuition and uniform there. How am I going to afford finishing high school if I can't even afford living on my own. That's why I badly needed to study there.

I need the connections that the school have. I just need to rely on my brains to get through. And I know I could make it. I' m sure of it.

But first I think a long shower is what I needed right now. I smell myself and slightly cringe at my smell. Yeah, I agree with myself shower is badly needed.

And a beauty rest too. Tomorrow is the examination day and also my birthday.

I will celebrate after I passed the examination and see my only name in that full scholarship list.

Double celebration tomorrow it is.

********

Whistling after the long five minutes of taking the examination. I can feel that someone is shooting daggers at the side of my head, I looked up at the examiner with a smirked in my face. He looked furious at my constant drumming at the side of the desk and whistling but said nothing at the matter. Shrugging, I check my watch, I still have twenty five minutes to finish. Oh well.

I'm finish and I hate waiting. I started to stand up but the examiner wiggled his chubby index finger for me to stop and pointed down to sit down. I groaned, narrowing my eyes at him and give him my famous glacial death glare. He seemed to be startled for a second but composed himself quickly, turned his attention somewhere around the room.

Releasing a sharp exhale through my nose, I slumped down on the chair and drop my head to the cold desk. I don't understand why I need to wait. Seriously, if your already finish why not passed it and then go somewhere, everywhere. But no, this stupid school has a regulation and it's very strict about it's students.

Can you believe that we need to wear uniform. I mean, I've seen and read that other schools don't require their students to wear uniforms. So, I can't understand why this school required one. Oh, I know. This school is different from the rest and the uniform is one way they could show their superiority. I heave a long sigh. But I got to admit, the uniform is not bad. Ugh. Okay, I'm not gonna lie. It's great actually. It's maroon colored long sleeve, with black tie and white undershirt. The pleated shirt is also in maroon with knee high white socks and black shoes. But I've seen that the administration somehow provide exceptions for some students which I assume have higher wealth status or something. That students I passed by going to the examination room have mid-thigh length skirt instead of the knee length skirt that is required. Some also have black high heels instead of shoes. Can't blame them though. The killer heels is much better than the black shoes.

Well there you go, not so strict at all. Right? Right. So why does this scrawny middle age bald man don't want to accept my exam sheet and just let me go. Seriously! I glance at him and glare with my chin still on the desk. Stupid man, I mentally curse.

I hate waiting and clearly, waiting is not my specialty. I tsked at my unfortunate fate. The beautiful music in my ears finally made it's appearance and I am very grateful for that ringing sound.