Chapter Four: The day I made my First Friend

Chapter Four: The Day I made my First Friend

Sensing someone still following me, my left eyebrow twitch in irritation. She has been following me non-stop since yesterday. Seriously, can't she get the message that I do not want her presence with me. Seeing that she's still following me, she totally didn't get the message.

I suddenly spun around, startling her. She quickly put distance between us by stepping backwards. I rolled my eyes, does she really think that I will hurt her. Come on! I'm not that psychotic. Yet, I think. But remembering my stunt yesterday, she has the reason for putting distance between us.

Narrowing my eyes. "What do you want?"

She stared at me wide eyes. "You're so pretty."

I blinked. I didn't see that compliment coming, narrowing my eyes. I pulled my lips between my teeth and stared at the green orbs behind a black rimmed thick glasses, auburn hair and freckles on her face. She also has a slight tan with petite body. Realization flashed in my face, she is the girl from the fight yesterday. "What?"

"I say, your pretty. I bet if you just smile often, your even prettier."

"I say, shut up. Why would you say that? People don't want to look at my face while speaking or even acknowledging me. They were all like sickened by my face or existence. The hell I care." Scowling, I arched an eyebrow at her. I know I shouldn't let my anger and frustration lose all to the poor girl but, I am hungry and moody. And she is holding me back right now with her irritating following. The students begun staring at me with interest, and I don't want attention. Seriously, I despise it. And yet here she is, following me and giving the snob students more reason to talk about me. Like how flat my front is, is not enough gossip already. I like to deny it but some how it's the truth. And let me tell you, truth hurts. My jaw clenched, I closed my eyes briefly calming myself and opened them to glared at the green eyed over friendly girl in front of me.

"If your indicating that your ugly, let me assure you that you are far away from that. You are so beautiful like an angel or even a goddess. I am sure that they were just intimidated by you. You have this powerful, authoritative, intimidating aura around you." She explained, waving her hands around me to state her point.

"I don't need your assurance. But-you don't feel intimidated by me?" I said, crossing my arms against my chest.

A smile made it's way in her face. "Let's just say, I saw something different."

I snorted. "Yesterday? Don't be ridiculous and fooled by my heroic stunt. I simply regret it. It doesn't mean anything and clearly, it doesn't mean that we are buddy-buddy with each other." I said, putting emphasis on the heroic. I know that I shouldn't let myself off track again from staying out the radar with the snobs. Better hurt her now than sorry my ass later, right?

Averting her eyes to the side, her face crunched up into curiosity and sadness. "Why are you like this?"

"Why am I...what? What do you mean?"

"You are so arrogant and mean, and tense and so uptight. I mean-Oh, I know." Her face light up with her sudden realization. "Didn't you have a good laid recently?"

Dumb-folded, I blink at her with my mouth slightly open. "A good laid?"

"Yeah like having you know, sex with somebody?"

"I know that!" I snapped. "I don't do those." Frowning, where did that innocent curious girl a minute ago go? Is this girl bipolar or something?

"That explain it." She sighed, looking at me with pity.

"I don't need that look of pity shortie. I am fine by me, myself and I. Just get away from me okay? Now shoo. Get back to where your suppose to go."

"But I don't want to be somewhere or everywhere. You're so cool and I like to be your friend. Beside, I only went to my dorm, cafeteria and library. It's my routine. Nobody want to interact with scholars like me." I feel bad and guilty for my attitude toward her. Is this how they treat scholars here? This is ridiculous. But why do they spare me? I mean I'm a scholar too, a full scholar to be specific. Oh well, not that I want to be a target of the popular good for nothing snobs. Better clear off their radar, that's my plan in the first place before my reckless show off yesterday. I know for sure that that three idiots will get me back for their humiliation. But I'll be waiting if that ever happen.

But seriously, I must have zoned out again in my la la land when I heard myself say, "Would you like some coffee?" I mentally face palmed myself. This friend thing is seriously not me. I don't do friends. Being deprived from human contact has its ugly effects. I don't know what to do in friendships. Eyeing the grinning green eyed at the side, I can't help the slight tugging at the corner of my mouth.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name." I glance at her.

She turned, full smiled at me. "I'm Samantha. You can call me, Sam."

Nodding, I looked ahead. I glance at Sam, sensing her stare. Her eyebrows stood up expecting me to say my name. "Selena. But you can call me Lena."

"Cool."

Glancing at her petite form bouncing at my side, a ghost of a smile appear in my lips. I think I just made a new friend.

My life here is starting to get interesting.