Chapter Five:Punishment

Chapter Five: Punishment

"Come on." He urged me with his eyes silently. "You can tell me what really happened. I won't judge you." Narrowing my eyes at the angel face, devil inside middle age man sitting behind his mahogany wide desk. Piles of stack paper lie neatly each side with his latest laptop, a piece of paper in front of him and a Parker Pen between his right fingers. I know his type of people, those that deceive innocent, ignorant, naive persons, believing that the person in front of them is like a saint or messenger of God. People oozing with goodness and will do nothing to harm you. You would give your trust instantly and the next thing you know, boom. Everything will be blamed on you. But I know better, I can read him like an open book and I definitely see darkness lurking in his eyes. He has the same traits like my father. Manipulative and will feed on your weaknesses, he will use it against you with no second thought. A slight smirked can be seen in the corner of his mouth when you look closely but when your not, it's hardly seen.

"I told you already my side of the story. They are simply bullying some innocent girl and I was there in the unfortunate place and time. I just did what a normal people do at the situation like that."

Narrowing his eyes at my smug expression. "That's the thing Ms. Inkheart. What you did is not what a normal person would do in the time like that. Besides, you just take down our star football quarterback."

Smirking, raising one eyebrow and crossing my arms against my chest. "So, your saying that what he did is...good or passable with the regulations of this prestigious school? Or exception? And that I just watch and do nothing? I was just being a helpful... citizen. That's all I can say."

Nodding his head slowly, I could imagine the gears turning inside his head. "Let's just say I believe you.-" I purse my lips. Not entirely believing his I believe you speech. "-But I can't just let it go. What you did to the boy, Mr. Frekks." Rolling my eyes. More like Mr. Freak, I thought. "Is punishable."

"Are you serious? Unbelievable. First of all I didn't made the first move. What I did is self defense. And clearly, I know my rights."

"You have a full scholarship, right?" He said with a smirk. Manipulative jerk. I know where is he going with this.

Clenching my jaw, I turned my whole attention to him. Shooting his head with glacial glares. I was praying that my glares will put holes in his jerk huge head. The nerve of the man. Clenching my balled hands, the urge to punch him is much greater than the temptation of punching that scrawny examiner. Keep your cool. I told myself.

"Oh, I know alright. What about it?" I said through gritted teeth. I was focusing intensely on why I won't pound my fist on his smirking face repeatedly.

"Full scholarship in this kind of school. I mean you can go wherever college you want. The privilege you can have after graduating here is limitless. You can work on high end, multi-billion companies without a sweat. Can you imagine the possibilities."

"Your point?" I snarled.

"My point is you will going to accept the punishment. I have three conditions-"

"Why would I agree to your stupid conditions and punishment?"

"Language Ms. Inkheart." Glaring his intense blue eyes at me. "First, you will join the editorial staff of the school. Having you there will be a great asset with your knowledge and I do hope not a liability to the staff. You are basically the smartest student beating Mr. Stone in the top spot." I opened my mouth to speak but he beat me to it. "It's non-negotiable Ms. Inkheart." I tightened my crossed arms against my chest and glared at him. "Second, you are going to be helping the preparation and decoration committee of the upcoming annual sports festival. Lastly, because I'm a very considerate person. I will give you two options; you either apologize to Mr. Frekk's or....your going to join the upcoming sport events. All events." Narrowing his eyes on me. "I can clearly see in your character that you rather stay out of activities than join it. Its mandatory."

"You know my answer to your ridiculous options, I rather join that stupid festival than apologize for something that I didn't do." I said and surprise how cold and foreign my voice. Any more cold glares and he could freeze to the spot.

Giving me his satisfied smirked, oh I would give anything to just wipe that stupid smirked in his face. He really brought the ugly side of me. My hands is starting to itch on that hard drive and the information it held will be finally in my grasp. And I will laugh like an evil witch.

"You can go now Ms. Inkheart. And please refrain from causing anymore trouble. You have just spend three days here and you start creating fights." My eyebrow twitch in irritation and I am beyond furious. How could he say that to me! Being a scholar has it's ugly side.

I never felt helpless like this in my entire life. The tempting feeling of punching him and beating the life out of him is pulsing rapidly in my veins like raging fire eating everything in it's path. Whoever tried to block it will taste it's bone and flesh eating fire.

Feeling I could snap and do the unthinkable, not the sweet torturing, pleasuring unthinkable more like the raging, death gripping, soul taking unthinkable. If you get what I mean. I speed walk out of his office and took calming breaths.

Breath in. Breath out. Come on! Selena. Breath in. Breath out.

Marching like a general ready for war. I found myself pushing the roof top double door open with a bang. I was furious and far from having a panic attack. Focusing on my breathing, I think I need to let lose this tight feeling building inside of me.

The rooftop is a green garden with flowers, benches to the sides and tables for recreation and chatting under the sun with your besties. But everything around me right now is not tempting than the wall beside the roof top door. I punch the wall with all my might and withdraw from too much pain. "Oh, Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." Gritting my teeth from too much pain, I slump to the floor with my head leaning to the wall. I closed my eyes, calming myself from the throbbing pain in my left hand. I know I am not in my right sense of mind but I am not stupid using my right hand to punch that wall.

My eyes flew suddenly open from a touch of someone on my injured hand. A gentle touch. I eyed the dark haired, high cheek bones, piercing blue eyes, lean broad muscles boy looking intensely straight in my face. His eyes suddenly lowered to my hands. Following his gaze, I saw blood drip down my fingers with few cuts. I never give a damn but the boy has other plans on the matter. He stood up from his crouch position, I followed his movements with my eyes and we looked gazes. I keep a blank face.

"Come on. Let's clean that up before it get infected." He held a hand out for me to help me stand up. I eyed his hands for a moment having a mental debate of trusting him. I hesitantly put my good hand in his outstretch hand. I was expecting sparks or boost of electricity run between us but nothing. I guess, reality hit me hard. Wait-what? Oh no,no,no. I am not attracted to this boy.

No.

Just no.

*****

Hey! Did you like the story? 

Comment, vote and share. 

Have a wonderful day!