Through the Maze

Peters POV

I wake up before everyone else. The floor is dryer than before but still is damp. We should start searching for Anna again.

I sit on a rock and sharpen my blade. "Ever plan on using that?" I look up into her light, hazel, eyes. "If I need it, I'll use it." I look back down and continue sharpening my knife. She comes and sits beside me.

She starts to cry. "I miss him. I miss him so much." I put my knife down and throw my arm over her shoulders. I bring her into me. "It's going to be okay Rachel. Everything will be okay." I promise her. She grins a little, "I trust you Peter." I just nod.

Rachel is a pretty girl. She has dark brown hair that balances with her light skin. She has faint, freckles on her cheek.

"I....uh admire your strength and courage to lead the group." She stammers. "My courage? How about you? I would not be able to stay strong, being in your shoes." I jokingly say.

She leans in closer to me. I push forward. She locks our lips together and spins my hair within her fingers. I place my hands on her waist as hers continue to play with my hair.

She pulls away quickly and stands up, "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that." I feel my jaw drop. What do I say?

I watch as she scurries away to the group. There barely waking up. "Hey Rach. Do you mind helping me with this?" I hear Beth's voice.

Damn! I'm so stupid. I should have said something.

I remember when I kissed Anna and she pulled away from me. I felt like an idiot now Rachel kissed me and I.....well I kissed back. Yet I still feel like an idiot. Why can't I ever win?

"Hey I have an idea. Instead of following the tracks how about we go to the King? He will have more men and power to track down Anna then we do." I see Zeke stare at Rachel.

"Rachel, that is genius! I could kiss you right now!" He screeches. She gives me an embarrassed look then swiftly turns away. If only he knew what we just did.

Anna's POV

I'm so tired. My mouth is dry. I would kill for some water. "Move along!" The guard shoves me. I stumble over my own feet. I'm so weak.

Roger moves closer to me. "Anna, you can ditch these men." I hear him whisper in my ear. "I'm not leaving you." I swallow. He rolls his eyes with frustration. "Stop trying to be a hero and just go!" I'm irritated now.

"Hey wifey, we almost there?" Steven ask. God! If he calls me his wife one more time I'm going to smack that grin right off his face.

"Babe?" Steven pulls me into him. What is going on? "I can't wait until were married and you and I will have twenty children and I will be so god damn rich! I will rule this world." He glows. "Ya, you and your husband along with your many children. Picture perfect aye?" Roger croaks. Why is he being so cruel?

What the hell?Fine! Everyone wants to be mean to me then I'm going to show them what a hormonal teenager can do.

"Steven, my mouth Is parched. Do you have any water?" I whine. He groans but takes out a small flask. "Here." He throws it at me. I gulp down the alcohol but it stings my blistered tongue.

Gross! I hate this!

"I....I need to pee." I quickly say. Steven gives me a 'Are You Kidding Me' look. "Then go!" He retorts. "Not while your watching me." I snap back. "Take Brock with you." Brock is the big, buff guard that can easily snap me in half.

"But...privacy. I'm a lady and I demand to be able to use the bathroom alone." I firmly command. He rolls his eyes and points to a bush in the corner. "Hurry up! We will wait right here. Hey, no funny business either!" He yells.

I run over to the bush and then I look over to where there standing. Brock and the other guard seem to be having some kind of argument. Roger is on the floor staring my direction but not exactly at me. I wonder what he's thinking. Steven is drinking from a different flask. Okay here's my time to go. I bolt!

I dash through the maze. I know exactly all the turns to make and which ways not to go. I hear a voice hollering from behind me but I don't once look back.

I drop my coat on the floor to trick them into going right instead of left. A few distractions won't hurt.

****Oh my god! Some interesting things in this chapter aye?

Whats with Rachel and Peter?

Why was Roger acting like a jerk?

Will Anna make it out of the maze before Steven reaches her?

Is Logan going to be able to save Anna?

Wow! Please comment! I love hearing from everyone and Vote, Vote, Vote! Did I mention Vote? LOL :)

I love you all :> ****