Family Dinner

Recap:

~Beth convinced us to help with the bread. We ended up making only two loaves. We wasted a lot of flour! ~

Logan's POV

I had so much fun this afternoon. Anna is really cool and I'm excited about spending more time with her. Mamma said since we wasted so much flour that Anna and I can go to the village tomorrow to buy some.

"Margaret, where would you like me to put this?" Anna asked. Mamma told her to start calling her by her first name, Margaret, not Mrs. Brooks. She said it sounded so formal.

"Oh, just put it on the table, sweetie." Beth came back from the kitchen. Beth and Anna are helping set up the table for dinner. Yum! It smells really good.

We sat down at the table. Zeke and Beth sat beside each other on the left of the table. While Anna and I sat on the right. Peter and Mamma sat down at the heads of the table. "Looks delicious!" Zeke drooled. The table was filled! There was mashed potatoes, deer meat, heated vegetables, and two sad loaves of breads. They didn't rise in the oven but seemed to......deflate. "Let's say grace." Mamma said as she reached for Anna and Beth's hand. As I grabbed Anna's other hand I noticed a smile appeared on her face. Did I do that? If so, it felt really good to make a pretty girl like Anna, smile.

Anna's POV

As we sat down for dinner Margaret held prayer. As my hand brushed against Logan's I could help but smile.

To be perfectly honest, I have never tried deer meet before. I also have never ran away from home, got close to getting raped, rescued by a stranger and now staying with him. Trying deer is just another thing to add to my list.

I cut the meat slowly. I stare for awhile. Here goes nothing.

Munch,munch, chew,chew.

Hmm. Better than I thought. It taste kind of gamey but...still good. If I ever return home I'll make sure to mention deer to the chef.

Peter POV

I seemed to be that Anna was having problems with the meat. What? Has she never tried deer meat before?

"So Anna, how long are you staying here?" I watched as she nearly choked. I glared at Zeke. Anna looked at me with plead in her eye but soon recovered. "Umm tonight if that's okay with you Margaret," mamma nodded. "But I plan on finding somewhere else by tomorrow, when Logan takes me to the village. I don't want to be a burden. Plus, I'm just one other mouth to feed." She looked down at her plate. She wasn't a burden, it was no problem, I liked having her here. In addition, this was the first time since Papa died that Mamma has laughed so hard. They began laughing. Did I not here the joke. "Thanks Peter but I think it would be easier if I just left." Oh. Wait what? Did I just say all that out loud?

Mamma closed her eyes. The way she always does when she's thinking really hard. "Anna, I do agree with Peter. I haven't laughed that hard since Frank died. I think and only if you want to, that you can stay here for as long as you want. But you need to work for your keep. You can help Beth with the chores." She said Anna could stay? Really? Yes!

"Oh my! We're going to be like sisters!" Beth hollered. She moved from across the table to go hug Anna. She smiled at Beth. "I would love that." Zeke got up from his seat as Beth sat down and hugged Anna. He whispered something in her ear. I couldn't hear due from our distance. What did he say?They released each other and he sat back down. Hmmm.

Wait a minute! Logan's taking Anna to the village? Alone? Well together but her and.......him?

**** Oh my!

( haha sound like Beth)

Juicy stuff! Anna can stay with the Brooks! Yes!

-SO WHAT DID ZEKE TELL ANNA?

(the secret will be revealed in the next chapter.)

So excited! 😆

Ooooh Logan and Anna are going to the village....together.

Love is in the air, but with who?

Logan V.S Peter

How about Zeke?

Post comments and questions, love to hear from you all.

-Love You