The Lake

Logan's POV

I have no idea what to say or talk about. Everything is so awkward between us now. We were having a perfectly good time before that guy came over and messed with Anna. She finally breaks the silence. "Thank you." She whispered. I look up from the ground and watch her staring at me with her hazel eyes. "Besides the fact that he ruined the rest of our outing. I had a really nice time. With you" she stutters. I can't help but grin. "I had a nice time to." She laughs at our weird tension. "Mmm my waffles were really good." She giggles.

Anna intwines our fingers as we step onto the porch. I can feel myself getting warmer. Just her touch makes me feel good inside. I know this sounds really cheesy but its true.

Anna's POV

His warmth splurges through my body. I suddenly realize that no one else is here. As if he read my mind Logan answers,"there all down at the lake. Would you like to go?" He ask. I think about it then decide 'why not?' "Yeah sure but I have nothing to wear." I say. He runs to Beth's room and throws me a pair of shorts and a blue tank top. "Are you sure she won't mind?" I ask Logan. "No these clothes don't fit her." He announces. They barely fit me, I think to myself. We walk down to the lake.

--------------------------

It's such a beautiful day outside. The birds are singing and the sky is blue. It looks like a scene from a movie. "Cannon ball!" Zeke yells. Bits of water splash onto me. When he comes up from the water he flips his hair out of his face. "Anna get in! The waters great!" He yelps as Peter dunks him under. "Hey Anna" Peter grins as he has his hands over Zeke's head. Zeke pops up and pushes Peter. They start wrestling and I notice Beth is floating aside them. Margaret has her feet in and a book on her lap.

Logan strips off his shirt and stands there in his shorts. Wow!

"You getting in?" He grins. He totally just saw me checking him out. I'm so embarrassed. "No need to blush" he whispers and takes my hand. "1, 2,3!" We jump into the freezing cold water. "Cold! Soooo cold!" I shiver. Zeke pops up in front of me. "You get used to it" he says then swims away. Peter paddles right in between Logan and me. "Chicken Fights" he hollers. "Anna get on my shoulders" he says. I look at Logan but he doesn't seem to notice. He stares at Peter instead.

I get on Peters shoulders as Beth gets on Logan's. "ding ding ding!" Zeke screams. Beth and I start pushing each other as the boys below fight. Beth and I end up smacking into the water at the same time. "Tie!" Zeke says. "Now my turn. Anna hop on" I slide onto Zeke's shoulders and again fight with Beth. This time I'm more tired so just shove her a little."Your going down hard." I hear Logan grunt.

"Your mom!" Zeke replies.Logan's laughs. "We have the same mom you...." I laugh so hard that I tip over.

We end up laughing and swimming until dark. I get out and Peter helps me stand up. My hair is so soaked it feels as if it weighs a ton! I'm so tired I just want to sleep. "Hop on" I hear Logan say near my ear. I listen and he carries me piggyback style. I rest my head on his warm back. I close my eyes and inhale his sweet scent. I slowly feel the rush of falling and realize I fell asleep and now Logan is lying me down on the couch. "Do you want to change?" He ask. I look down at my drenched clothing and nod. I head to the bathroom and hang my wet clothes. I slip Logan's shirt over my head and put on Beth's shorts. To the couch! I command myself. My legs feel like jello, moving so slow. I lay down and a shaggy haired boy comes up to me. "Good night Anna" he says and pecks me on the cheek. I feel myself blush.......again. "Goodnight Logan"