The Deal

Recap: I twist the handle to only find that Roger was right. Locked. With his bad leg I don't know how we will make it out. We're trapped!

Logan's POV

We take a few horses from the closest farm. Which is really 20 miles. "Hop on" Peter calls. He pulls Rachel up behind him. They share a horse as Zeke, Beth and I get our own. "We can follow the tire tracks." Zeke insist. It would be a great idea if the sky wasn't turning gray. There's going to be a storm. "The rain will wash the tracks." I holler.

"Then we better hurry!" Peter kicks the horse and then were off.

Anna's POV

One of the 'guards' comes into the room and lifts me off the floor. "Get up!" He hollers. "The boss wants to talk to you." I turn to look at Roger who gives me pleading eyes to stay but before I had a chance to say anything I'm dragged out of the room.

"What do you people want from me?" I cry. I can feel my hope decreasing the longer I stay here. Im not sure where we are but there are multiple halls and passageways. The guard had to retrace his steps several times. Finally we reach a red, wooden, door. He shoves me into another room.

"Hello Annabelle. Pleasure, seeing you again." I spit at his feet. I can tell he is mocking me. The guard drops me to my knees. "Let me go!" I scream.

Steven grabs me by the chin and pulls me close to him. "Never talk that way to the King!" I swallow. "King? You'll never be King. " I snap.

He grins. "You should watch what you say." He steps back and sits on a chair across the room. "Here's the plan. I will return you home....." I feel hope flood back into my veins. I will see the boys and Beth again. "...home, back to the castle." Oh. I nearly forgot The Brooks house is not my home. "I will return you and claim the reward cash. Then I will tell your father, the king, that we are madly in love and that we shall be married in soon time." I gulp. No! No, I will not marry this fool, this thief, this immature little...... "Deal?" He questions. "Why would i ever agree to such a ridiculous idea?" I shoot back. He smirks with delight.

"Thought you would ask. Well if you don't, agree then I will break that retard's other leg and then kill all your friends that live in the cottage." I feel my cheeks lose color. I assume I'm pale white because that's exactly how feel. Empty, alone and knowing that their fate rest in my hands.

"I agree."