So Far Away [Naruto Sequel] Chapter 19

The sound of fuzzy noises came to my ears, and shortly after, the sound of muffled voices nearby. My eyelids felt heavy , and I started to panic. My eyelids are glued shut! I'm never gonna see again! I let out a small squeak, attempting to use my hands to pick at my eyes, but my arms wouldn't budge either. In fact, everything felt rather dead as I internally screamed.

My eyes finally broke open, and immediately I was blinded by the super white walls. Not to mention the light. Who leaves the light on? Clearly I was trying to sleep!

I stared up at the ceiling, trying to process where I was, or what was going on. Let's see... what do I remember? Well, I remember a door... and darkness.

I shifted my gaze over to the window, which was open, and a nice breeze was coming through. Not only did they leave the light on, but the window open too?! Talk about lazy.

Squinting my eyes to look outside the window, I rattled my brain for what had happened. A loud, booming voice jolted my memory. Ah, yes! That would explain the headache. The rude, sassy dragon thing, that's right. I was training for my third stage, and then... a flying kitty... wait no, that was still the dragon.

I grabbed my head in pain, shutting my eyes tightly. It hurt too much to think, clearly. More muffled voices caught my attention, and they were getting louder.

... Wait, louder?

I tried to push myself up into defense. Loud noises means the dragon must be here! My attempts were weak and I ended up just sliding back down in my bed with a groan. Everything ached and felt heavy.

"...Should really be more careful!" A voice said, invading my ears.

I blinked a few times, bringing my head up to look at where the voice was coming from. My gaze was met with very blue and concerned eyes. As I lowered my view, there was a pout, and little whisker markings.

Whiskers?

Everything just seemed like slow motion, and it wouldn't speed up. But, finally it clicked in my mind who was inviting themselves into my personal space.

"...Naruto?"

"Oh, sure! Now you notice me! I've been sitting here for like, five minutes pouring my heart out and you haven't said a word to me!" He ranted, flailing his arms for effect.

"Ah..." I cringed at his loud outburst and grabbed my head once again. Does he have to be so loud right now?

A chuckle from the doorway caught both our attention. "Naru! Don't be so loud, she has a concussion!"

"Yeah, well... I've been worried sick about her, Miya-Miya!"

"Yes, that's perfect excuse for yelling in her ear." She replied in a dull tone, making her way across the room to me.

Meanwhile, I was still trying to process what they had originally said. Did they say I had a concussion? Can you even get concussions in the Naruto world? And wait-- Since I passed out, if I had gotten a concussion... wouldn't I have gone into a coma? Or die?

"I'm sure Naomi's been through worse." Miya tried to explain.

"Can't a guy worry about his best friend?!"

"...Concussion?" I asked, causing both of them to stop their conversation.

"Poor dear..." Miya said with a sigh, placing a hand over her heart.

Naruto came back to my side, grabbing my hand softly. "I'm going to say this very slowly for you, okay?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed in concern before continuing. "...Youuu... have... a... con--"