Ch. 6

Ch. 6

Mickey’s P.O.V.

“What are you doing here?” I asked the familiar boy in disbelief.

He was a little taken-back by my answer, and stumbled with his next words. “I-uh. Um. I-”

“Save it. Hurry up and get out of here.” I cut him off short.

“Mickey, what the hell is going on?” I turned around to see Hunter and Skylar. I looked towards the boy and saw fear in his eyes. That’s weird. I don’t think we are that intimidating.

“who is that?” Skylar asked. The fear that was in the boy’s eyes, replaced itself with relief.

“I don’t know. It’s just some random boy.” I replied to my friends.

“What? We met at McDonalds a week ago. Don’t you remember me? I called you Pepsi girl.” the boy looked so confused. I mentally face-palmed myself. Of course he would mention that.

I pretended to think. I soon replied, acting as if I remembered, “oh yeah. I do remember you I guess.” I decided to just play it cool. “so what are you doing here?” I asked the unanswered question again.

“I was going on a walk.” the boy hesitantly replied.

“But I saw you in a McDonalds that was in downtown New York, New York. Not Brooklyn.”

“The hotel that me and my mates are staying in is kind of in between.”

“That is still kind of far, and why are you out of breath? It seems to me you were running.” I didn’t believe a thing this boy was telling me.

“I got lost, and scared. I started running because it sounded like people were chasing me.”

This boy is definitely good at lying, but I’m better at seeing right-through it. I could tell my friends believe him though.

“Parker, what is going on?” David came from behind me and sounded kind of angry

“Nothing.” I mumbled.

“I heard you from over there. I know all about the situation. You are going to take your little boyfriend back to his hotel where his little mates are. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, and set up another meeting where you can pick it up,” David pointed to the backpack he was holding referring to it.

“you are lucky you are good Micayla. If I didn’t like what you got, then their would be a possibility of you not standing in front of me anymore. Good luck.” Before I could protest, David threw my longboard at me, and walked off. I caught the board roughly, as I watched the rest of the group soon follow him, but not with out flashing me a goodbye smile.

I turned to the boy that was looking so lost right now. “Lets go.” I stated firmly. I didn’t even wait for the boy to start moving as I walked off. 

Soon, his feet were in sink with mine. I could feel the boy looking at me as I looked straight ahead. I knew he was mentally having a debate with himself about whether to talk or not.

A few minutes passed by as I waited for the boy to say something. “Louis. Louis William is the name.” I looked at him as he stuck a hand out for me to shake. I hesitantly took it as I replied.

“Micayla Parker. Call me Mickey.”