Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Louis leaned against the doorway making sure he didn't make a sound; he slowed his breathing down so not even a gasp of air was heard. He watched amazed at the canvas through the crack in the door, Harry was so concentrated that it looked like he didn't even realize that he was for once not drawing the same old same old. Harry's eyes weren't blank, dull or plain as they always are; they were filled with love and concentration for the piece of artwork he was working on. He was finally using his years of experience drawing the same thing and using it for another good use and drawing someone. Louis wondered if Harry was going to give the drawing to Niall and how Niall would react, Louis still had yet to meet Niall and he wasn't yet fully convinced Niall was real. But, how could a drawing be so real without the person behind it not being real? After all, the drawing included little flaws that the person behind it must probably have, so the drawing must be about a real person... Louis decided to leave without an apology or a word to Harry and allow him time to finish his first drawing of someone besides his view; Louis didn't want to disturb him in his time of inspiration.

Harry was swaying back and forth to Pink Floyd while his brush dipped in the wooden holding palette. The paint was almost drying out, but after all Harry had a collection of the same color of paints because he had always drawn the same thing with the same colors. Harry observed the texture of the canvas paired with the different combinations of colors and decided that the drawing looked fine even though he hadn't completely focused on the look of the drawing. Harry added more color to little white spots of canvas that were trying to reveal themselves through the paint and then put the palette down along with the brush.

Harry took a few steps back and then crossed his arms and took his first look at the drawing; he performed this progress as if it was a ritual with all the drawings he did. He did this so he wasn't so focused in the look of the drawing, but more in the color schemes and how each color looked and blended with the others. But, this time Harry was absolutely breath taken, by what he had drawn. He was so baffled and bewildered, this wasn't the drawing he drew on an everyday basis. How did he draw such a thing without being focused? How did each curve look so... real?

Harry wasn't one to be cocky about his art work, or one to brag, but he couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that his hand drew such a thing. The drawing was so well drawn, he even got some shadow in there and the way each color merged into the other and the way all the shades were used so precisely took Harry by surprise.

Harry had drawn someone. Not a something, but a someone. Harry had drawn Niall. Did Harry remember Niall so well as to be able to draw him?

Harry shook his head in embarrassment, how did he draw this? What is Niall going to think? Harry sighed and laughed at himself. He grabbed the canvas from the easel and sheepishly leaned it against the door at the end of the hallway.

The day after Niall stopped by Harry's doorway, Harry had begun reading The Catcher in the Rye a couple of days ago and had been hooked on it, so he didn't even hear Niall standing there watching him. Niall cleared his throat and Harry put the book in the night stand.

"Thanks for the drawing," Niall mumbled.

Harry sat up and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, his biceps bulging through his tight fitting black shirt, "Hah, your welcome,"

"It was a first right?" Niall asked intently looking into Harry's green spheres.

Harry felt intimidated by Niall's bright blue eyes, so he shied away from his watch, "Yeah..."

Niall took slow steps towards Harry's bed and then sat slowly on the bed causing the bed to dip slightly. He then grabbed Harry's chin with his thumb and index finger and tilted it upwards.