Epilogue

Willow’s Point – Epilogue

Kit

I smiled at the nurse as she came in to check on me for the hundredth time in ten minutes. I felt so sorry for her. When we first arrived at the hospital, the doctor and nurses were threatened by the five huge men that surrounded me like body guards. She was too afraid to tell them that all of them couldn’t be in the delivery room at once. And even if she did tell them, they wouldn’t have listened.

I was lying in the delivery room waiting on our little bundle of joy to come out. For some reason the baby was being really shy. Bain was sweating bullets as he stood beside me, constantly worried. Connor and Nixie was on the other side as she was wiping my forehead with a wet cloth and Connor was excited about being an Uncle.

Laven, Kade and Hadeon was just sitting on the vinyl couch, waiting.

I had a chance to reflect back from the first time I met the most amazing man in my life. Bain has done nothing but brought me love, joy and family. I remember just eight months ago was trying times. I thought life was going to be hard with constant attacks but I realized quickly that nothing could touch us. No matter what the enemies swung our way, we kicked ass and dared another to step up.

Then, four months ago, Bain surprised me. He slipped a two carat diamond ring on my finger and asked me to follow him downstairs. Instead of following him, he picked me up bridal style, while I was still speechless, and took me outside.

I remember tears began streaming down my face when my gaze settled on our wedding. Everyone worked to make it perfect. It was done in all white with silver outlining to everything, which matched the dress I had on. Nixie had begged me to wear it that morning and I finally slipped it on to make her happy.

Everyone smiled as he set me down. Connor came up and held his elbow out for me to take while Bain hurried to the front of the white runner.

“Can I give you away?” he asked grinning.

I was still speechless and nodded. The music started and I couldn’t help but cry again. Bain was getting aggravated that I wasn’t in his arms when I was crying. When Connor handed me off and told the preacher he gives me away, Bain took me in his arms and wouldn’t let me go.

It was beautiful and so unexpecting. Bain had not asked me once to marry him. I thought he thought that a mating was enough but he never ceased to amaze me. He was perfect except the ‘keeping things from me’ part. That’s something that will never change about him. He believed in keeping me happy by keeping the bad out.

I smiled at those memories and couldn’t wait to make a new one today. It was already eight o’clock in the morning and I’ve been here since yesterday afternoon.

The doctor came in and grinned real big as she lifted the sheet back to check me. I glanced at Bain and saw the worry never left his face. His whole forehead was creased in worry lines. I raised my hand and he caught it, squeezing lightly.

“Well, good news, Mrs. Winters!” the doctor said excitedly for me.

I looked at her waiting to hear if I should start pushing. Hours ago, I got the shot that keeps the pain away as you try to give birth and I was afraid is was going to wear off.

“You’re ready! Or should I say, your baby’s ready,” she said a little too perky.

All three men on the couch stood up in a hurry and got behind the bed. Bain had already threatened everyone in the room not to look at me once or they would be picking their eyes up off the floor. And he wasn’t kidding either.

Connor stayed behind my head and promised to be my cheerleader since his brother was a nervous wreck. And one other special person was beside him, trying to push him out of the way.

“Move it, pig!” she demanded playfully. “I’m going to be the cheerleader!”

Connor growled and looked to Nixie for help. “Pilloxie! You both can be the cheerleader but if it was up to me, I’d fire both of you.”

Two nurses came in and made all of them back up except Bain. He held my hand as they began telling me to push. I did and I couldn’t feel anything but pressure. She asked me to push three more times until she smiled bright.

“One more big push! You can do it!” Connor said before the doctor spoke. The doc nodded. And I gave one more big push. I heard a scream before I even saw the baby. Bain growled fiercely and Kade held his arms back before he attacked for no reason. He thought our baby was being hurt.

Kade explained to him what was going on and helped him walk over to cut the umbilical cord. He cut it and grabbed our baby. He laid him down across my breasts as I held him to me. I cried like a baby as seven heads were leaned over looking at my son.

I knew I would cherish this moment forever. I looked up at Bain and saw his eyes were a little bit misty. Our eyes locked and we shared a small private moment, thanking God for our little miracle.

“What will it be, Mama?” Bain asked over everyone cooing and awing.

“Well if it was a girl, her name would have been Addison. But, as you can tell I’m not holding a girl. So, what will it be, Daddy?” I asked.

“Malachi Drake Winters,” he said proudly.

I smiled and nodded. It was an awesome name for our son. Drake was my father’s first name so I was a little shocked that he picked that.

After a few hours had passed and everyone went home, Bain laid down with me and put little Malachi on his chest, staring at him. “You know I love you, right Kitten?” he whispered.

“Yeah, I do,” I whispered back.

“Do you love me?” he said a little louder.

“Yeah, I do, why?” I asked getting suspicious now.

“Because I don’t want you thinking any less of me if I cry in front of you,” he whispered again before lifting his gaze to mine. And sure enough, my big bad wolf, Bain Winters was crying.

Finally completed but please go read the sequel "Hidden Faery"! It's the story of Connor and Nixie. And by the way, Nixie is Taryn. Please check it out. Go to my profile by clicking on my name or photo and under 'my works' is where it's at.