Chapter 17: Dead eyes

Sorry it's short but it's what I got written for now. I make the next one longer!

Kaitlin

I cried on Bain’s chest like a baby. I guess him being a butt and now that I’m pregnant has made me a little emotional.

I laughed a little when he asked whose ass he was kicking. It made my tears dry as quickly as they started. I had a wonderful man who would do anything for me and would love me unconditionally. I was suddenly not afraid to tell him about the baby. Bain would be a great father and husband.

“Yours,” I answered louder than I meant too.

He let go and stepped back. “I’m sorry, Kitten. I’m just on edge right now and I want to be rid of Dennis tonight.”

I nodded. I totally understood that and I’m sure I was just making it worse by crying. “I have something to tell you,” I said looking him in the eyes. I needed to see his reaction when I say it.

Bain narrowed his eyes like I’ve done something wrong. He waited patiently and remained silent.

“I’m pregnant,” I said as quickly as I could.

Bain looked shocked for all of three seconds before hitting his knees. He grabbed my hips and pulled me toward him, where he rested his head on my stomach.

I stayed still and rubbed his head as he held me to him. It was like he was holding both of us at the same time. He stayed like that for a few minutes. I even felt a little wetness on my shirt but I wouldn’t dare tell him. I’ve never seen him cry and probably wouldn’t.

Bain kissed my stomach before rising back to his feet. He leaned down and took my mouth in his, as gentle as he could. When he pulled back, he smiled. It was contagious so it had me smiling too.

“I take it your happy?” I asked.

“Baby, you just gave me the best gift any man could ask for, other than their mate. Of course I’m happy,” he said pulling me in for a hug.

Connor knocked on the door frame and waited for us to stop hugging. He just stood there looking at Bain expectantly. Finally Bain threw out his arms. “I’m going to be a father,” he said smiling again.

Connor grinned and took the few steps to get to Bain. They both hugged and I saw the love these boys had for each other. It was strong and no one could knock it down. They might get angry with each other but that won’t stop them from being close.

When Kade and Laven came back in, they each hugged Bain and me and congratulated us. It was the first time everyone was smiling at the same time since I’ve come here. But, it was cut short when Bain sat down behind his desk to talk about a new plan.

“I can’t take her with me. If something happened not according to plan, I can’t be gentle if we’re running from other Lycan’s. And if he has more than Garrett on his side, I would be taking a larger risk with her.”

They all discussed between the four of them on how they could go about it but Bain said no to all of them. Then I spoke up.

“Take me to KC,” I blurted.

Bain and Connor looked at me in surprise. I don’t know if that’s a good surprise or bad one. I just stared back.

“How do you know our Grandpa?” Connor asked.

“She visited Willow’s Point every day since she’s moved here,” Bain answered for me. “Did you know he was our Grandpa?”

I nodded. “Yeah, he told me when I needed some advice,” I smirked.