Chapter Three: Mabel's P.O.V. Around Town

Dipper and I finish unpacking for the day.
"Hey, why don't we explore the town?" I suggest.
Dipper shrugs, but agrees.
We walk out of the Mystery Shack (Stan claims that was its real name, but Dipper still calls it the "Mystery Hack").
"Wow! A lot of trees!" I exclaim.
"Yeah, Mabel, we're basically in the middle of the forest," Dipper mumbles.
"What is with you?!" I question.
"I just don't like it here," Dipper replies.
"Maybe we'll meet some new friends."
"Maybe."
We venture more into the town, past a diner and more.
"How are you liking it?" I ask my brother.
"I don't know, Mabel. I think I'm going to head back to the shack."
I watch him leave. I'm so confused - why is he being so weird? What's his problem?
I continue watching. Was he right about our parents? Do they not care? Sure, it stinks to be away from our friends the whole summer, but we can make new ones. I mean, Dipper isn't that social, but I'll help him...
Well, I guess he never really had many friends. He can be a little straightforward sometimes, and he's really all about mysteries and paranormal stuff... I don't understand it, and neither do most people. Sometimes I feel pretty bad for him... I wonder if I should go back.
  And of course, due to my clumsiness, I trip and fall, face planting onto scratchy grass. There's a small thud next to me. I look over and spot a blonde girl with blue eyes collapsing next to me.
  I jump up."Oh, I'm so sorry, are you okay? Let me help you up..."
  The blonde looks up at me, seeming like she's deciding whether or not to forgive me or shoot a laser into my skull."It's okay," she finally says, assuring me that I've done well.
  I lend her a hand and pull her up."I'm really clumsy..."
  Then the girl takes an unexpected turn and holds out her hand."I'm Pacifica Northwest."
  I shake her pale hand."I'm Mabel Pines. I'm visiting for the summer."
  As I introduce myself, I notice eyes are turning towards us. I stand confused for a moment.
  "Oh. Cool." Pacifica starts to notice my facial expression."What's wrong?"
  "Why is everyone staring at us?" I whisper.
  Her face goes pale.
  "I think the better question is if you're okay," I say. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot a luxurious black limo pulling up by us."Whoa, a limo!"
  "I have to go!" Pacifica gasps, and makes a run for it.
  "Wait!" I cry, but I'm too late. The scared blonde makes a dash for it.
  The people in the limo get out, and spot Pacifica running. It's a woman and a man - a married couple, I'm guessing. They seem shocked and mutter something to each other.
  "Pacifica!" the man shouts in a deep, masculine voice.
  Pacifica stops running, and turns to walk towards the couple. Are they her parents? With her head down she gets in the limo with her mom and dad.
  Based off of my distance from the limo, which was only a few feet, I can hear something.
  It sounds like the faint slapping across someone's face.