Chapter Six : The Tears of War

THE TEARS OF WAR

      "Sam, you need to relax." Alex nagged me as she walked into my kitchen to grabbed the last pop from my fridge. "Its the weekend! Don't let dumbass Declan get to you."

      I groaned. "Alex, its not as easy as you think." I stood up from the couch in my living room and began to pace.

      "Chill," She said as she walked over and sat down in the seat I had abandoned. "Zane's fine. Grounded, but fine. And Declan is suspended."

      "For only three days!" I cried. "What about when he comes back?"

      She rolled her eyes as she took a drink of her Vanilla Coke. "If he does anything, we'll get the teachers involved. She sighed. "Sam, I don't know how bad it was for you, how awful he was to you. But I do know that you are a strong and willing and stubborn badass bitch. You'll get through this. He can't do shit to you anymore." She stated.

      I looked at her. "You really think I can?" She smiled and nodded.

     "Totally! Everything will be okay. Besides, its senior year! After this, you'll never have to see him again and you and Zane can go to the same college, get married and have some cute little babies. And you'll have some fun makin' those babies." She winked at me. I rolled my eyes.

      You know, she is right. I really need to stop over thinking things with Declan. He's just a stupid teen aged boy, who I really only see during school. And if he does anything there, I could get a teacher involved.

      I let out a breath, and felt as if that I had a weight lifted off my shoulders. Everything will be fine. "Thanks for the pep talk, Alex." I smiled at her.

      She grinned at me. "Anytime."

      "So," I drawled, smirking at her. "Hows things with James."

      She was still grinning when she looked up at me and she spoke, "Well I have two classes with him." She squealed and I laughed. "He's so smart Sammy oh my Gosh. He always helps me too! And he's my partner for a history project!"

      "Awe!" I cooed. "Alex and James, sitting in a tree-"

      "K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" She cut me off and finished. We both busted out into laughter.

      This girl is crazy. But that's why I love her. She's funny, and super nice debut if you mess will her she will kick your ass. I've seen it done. Over the summer, she got into a fist fight with some chick at the mall because that she bumped into Alex without apologizing. Lets just say that if I was in a fight, I'd want her in my corner.

      "Oh Alex," I cried. "you're to much!"

      She giggled. "I know. But for real Sam, do you think he'll start to like me?" All the joking was gone and she was being serious.

      "Of course! Whats not to like? You're-"

      I was cut off when the front door opened and Mikey walked in with arms full of groceries. I stood.

      "Hey, you need help?" He nodded.

      "Yeah, go help Hayley, she's getting some." As I walked out I heard Alex complaining to Mikey because he walked in right when I was about to tell her how great she is. I chuckled and shook my head. Oh Alex.

      I walked down the stairs and outside to see my brothers gorgeous girlfriend struggling with the remaining amount of groceries. I smiled and she saw me.

      "Sam!" She grinned. "'Bout time!"

      I jogged over to her, laughing. "Sorry! Here let me take some." She handed me some bags and let out a deep breath, chuckling.