Chapter Three : The Devil Himself

THE DEVIL HIMSELF

      "Oh my Gosh, Samantha!" I heard a voice with a thick southern accent call my name. I smiled wide and turned to see the tall brunette running toward me with open arms.

      "Alexandra!" I squealed my best friends name as she came at me full speed. I stumbled back a few steps after she attacked me into a hug.

      "I missed you!" We laughed as we squeezed the life out of each other. After a few moments of hugging, we finally let each other go. I looked up at her. She was as beautiful as ever. And summer had gifted her with a tan teenage girls would die for.

      "Its only been a month but it feels like forever, " I sighed as I started to try to open my new locker again. We were currently standing in the hallway right by the office, waiting for first bell to start in half an hour. After I put my things in my locker we would to out to the quad and meet Zane and his friends.

      Alex smiled and she started to run her hands through her curly brown hair. "So, ya gonna tell me what happened with Zane on that trip you guys went on?"

      I grinned. Even though we met last year I feel I could tell her anything. After her parents got divorced, she moved from her home town in Kentucky with her mom and came to live here. She came to school the last three weeks, and she was in my English class. We then became partners for the end of the year project. She was shy in the beginning but after we started talking we clicked. She became my best friend. Over the summer we hung out a lot, but the last month she went to visit her dad back in Kentucky, we haven't seen each other since. Talking on the phone isn't the same!

      "Well," I started as I finally got my locker open. "We went for walks on the beach, and he took me out to dinner and we saw this super funny movie -"

      "Hold up." She held her hand up to my face, "So, you're tellin' me you didn't do the nasty?"

      My eyes widened. "Alex!" And I could feel my cheeks heating up. I mean, I've thought about it. We never talked about it and he never pressured me or anything...

      She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Well damn. I thought I would come back and you'd tell me about your hot and steamy se-"

      "Shhhhh!" I covered her mouth. She is so loud! My cheeks must be on fire.

      She laughed, and pushed my hands away. "I did!"

       I smiled and tried to push past this embarrassing moment. I shook my head at her, "You... ugh I don't even know."

       She grinned then playfully punched my arm. "Awe, don't be embarrassed. Zane's hot. If I were you, me and him would be doing -"

       "Alex!"

      "Sorry! I'm just saying!" I rolled my eyes but smiled at her. After I finished everything with my locker, her and I started to walk to the quad.

      "At least you have someone." Alex pouted. "Me? Well, I'll be the creepy lady with 100 or so cats."

      I sighed. "Alex, no you won't. You're hot! Hey, did I mention James is single?"

      I wouldn't be surprised if she broke her neck, because her head snapped in my direction in .0 seconds. "Are you kidding me? James is single?"

      I nodded, "Yep. He and that Peyton girl broke up over the summer."

      James was Zane's best friend. He had transferred here, like Alex, the last few weeks of school. Originally from London he moved to America, since this was his mothers native country, after the last of his siblings went to off to college. James' said he'd always dreamed of coming to America for the universities, like Boston or Kentucky. So his mom and dad packed their bags and came to America.