A Daydream Away...[Epilogue]

"19 years ago, in Miss Lewis' kindergarten class, I walked over to a pretty little five-year old girl with short brunette hair and an adorable smile. She was playing with Leggo spaceships and asked her if I could play, too. She said yes and now, 19 years later, she's standing in front of me on this alter, still a beautiful brunette with an amazing smile. Avery Nicole Parks--Ace--when I met you that day in kindergarten, I had no idea that I was meeting the person that would be my best friend for the next part of my life. And now, from best friend, to lover, to wife, we're still here together. And I wouldn't have it any other way," Ethan said. I struggled to keep from crying, although I felt my eyes tearing up. I couldn't cry, though. It would ruin my make-up.

After the first two years that we'd been dating, Ethan had proposed to me. We had gone back to our old kindergarten class one day and sat at the blue plastic table that was still in the corner of the room. Miss Lewis, who was now Mrs. Kirkpatrick, pulled out the old box of Leggos for us. Ethan had built a spaceship for me and then handed it to me. I had played around with it for a few minutes before opening the little plastic cockpit. Instead of a little Leggo-pilot sitting in it, there was a beautiful diamond ring. When I had looked up at Ethan, he had spelled out 'Will you marry me?' with Leggos on the tabletop. Without any hesitation, I had said yes. And now, six months later, we were standing at the alter, saying our vows.

I slipped Ethan's ring onto his finger.

"Ethan James, I have known you for 19 years of my life now. A while ago, I gave you the nickname Toto, because like a puppy, you were a loyal and great companion to me. You were with me when I broke my arm climbing that maple tree at Dad's house, when I got my first crush, when I had my first kiss, and when I had my first heartache. You were always here for me and for a long time, I thought that we were only meant to be friends. I spent years and years chasing after numerous boys, falling in love and then getting my heartbroken and I never once realized that I had fallen in love a long time ago. It just took me a while to realize it. But now I have, 19 years later. And even though we're getting married now, you're still my best friend. Because it is possible to be in love with your best friend. And I love you," I said.

Ethan gazed down at me, nothing but love in his eyes.

"And now, Avery Nicole Parks, do you take Ethan James to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, in happiness and in strife?" the priest asked.

"I do," I said, strongly and clearly.

"And do you, Ethan James, take Avery Nicole Parks to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, in happiness and in strife?" the priest questioned.

"I do," he replied.

"Then by the power vested in me by the state of Virgina, I now pronounce you, husband and wife," the priest announced. "You may now kiss-" he continued, but paused when Ethan took my face in his hands and kissed me full on the mouth. "Well, I guess they already knew the drill," the priest said. The church filled with applause and cheers. Ethan and I pulled away from each other, beaming widely. "May I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. James!" the priest said with another roar of applause.

"I love you," Ethan whispered amongst the noise.

"I love you, too," I replied. He leaned down and kissed me again. It was the best moment, the most perfect moment to be in. I looked out at the crowd at the faces that were so familiar and close to me. I saw my father, standing proudly and handsomely closest to me; and Makayla, smiling in her maid of honor dress; and Olivia in her bridesmaid dress and short cropped hair; and grandma and grandpa, who were holding each other's hands and smiling up at me.

And I saw Austin, who was with his own fiancee, who smiled and nodded at me. After those few years, he had forgiven me for what I had done. And now we were both happily in love. And now I looked to the man next to me, the one face that would always be the most familiar to me. My husband. My love. My best friend.

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: THE END!!! WOOOO HOOOO! HOORAY FOR HAPPY ENDINGS!!!

Please go listen to the song in the sidebar. It is, after all, the namesake of this story. And you'll find that almost all the scenes that the lyrics say hold true for this story.

And now, I can start my new story. =)

Comment and rate!!!

XOXOXOXO