A Daydream Away...[Part 5]

I pulled my lips away from Austin, a little breathless.

He was over at my place. It had been three weeks since we started dating and everything was going well. For our second date, he took me boating on the bay. It was a lot of fun and really different. I had never been boating before that, which was odd since I lived so close to the water. For our third date, he was going to take me to the carnival that was coming to town. I was excited about this because I loved the carnival when I was a child and hadn't been to it since.

I leaned against Austin's chest and he placed an arm around me. We had (500) Days of Summer playing on the TV, but weren't quite watching it.

"Zooey Deschanel is so pretty," I commented.

"She is," Austin agreed.

"A part of me thought that you'd say something corny like, 'But not nearly as much as you.'," I said.

"Did you want me to?" he asked.

"No; because it wouldn't have been sincere. I know I'm not as pretty as she is," I said.

"I'm not sure if you want me to agree or disagree. I think you two are pretty comparable in terms of how attractive you are. She's got that 'I'm different' kind of beauty to her. And you've got that 'I'm naturally attractive' look to you," Austin said.

"A diplomatic answer. Pleasing both crowds," I commented.

"Well, I do want to be a politician. I have to have a way with words. It's part of the job description," he said.

"True," I agreed, sitting up and facing him. He reached out and tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear. Then he leaned in and kissed my lips slowly, our lips moving in perfect unison. He moved closer to me, making me move backwards and lay down on the couch so that he was on top of me. I felt his hands underneath my shirt, following the curves of my body. He moved from my lips to my jaw line and then down to my neck, kissing and sucking at my skin, making me feel warm and breathless. I brought my hands under his shirt, too, and traced his perfectly sculpted abs. I brought his face back to mine and kissed his lips again. His lips moved slowly against mine, drawing the kiss out passionately. I let out a small moan of pleasure as the kiss grew more intense.

Then he pulled away again.

"God, that was intense," he said, his eyes burning with hunger for more. I wanted nothing more than to rip his clothes off right there, but I resisted. Not yet.

I sat up and brushed my fingers through my hair to tame it slightly. We turned towards the television again, but my heart was still racing and I couldn't focus on the movie.

"I need water," I said, getting up. He didn't say anything, just kept his gaze on the television. I went to the kitchen and drank some water. I waited a few moments before going back to him. I sat leaning against him again.

When the movie was over, I turned the TV off.

"So I wanted to ask you something," I said.

"I'm not interested in getting married yet," he said. I laughed and he chuckled.

"No, I was just thinking, do you think you would be up for meeting my family?" I asked.

"Uhh, yeah. Sure. What were you thinking?" he asked.

"Well, every Thursday, we have this tradition thing. I told you about it before sort of. We always go to my grandparents' house for dinner on Thursday nights. It's just like a family thing," I explained to him.

"So you want me to go on Thursday?" he asked.

"If you're cool with it..." I said.

"No, no. It's fine. We've been dating for almost a month now. I would take you to meet my parents, but they live in New Jersey..." he muttered.