A Daydream Away...[Part 3]

"Thanks for coming over," I told my neighbor and only female friend, Olivia Newton.

"No problem. It sounded like an emergency," Olivia said. She looked around at the mess of clothes I had on my floor. "And it looks like one, too," she added skeptically.

"I'm going on a date tonight and I have nothing to wear," I told her.

"Clearly..." she mumbled, looking around again.

"Ok, well I have stuff to wear, but I don't exactly know what," I clarified. She looked at me and smiled.

"First date?" she asked. I nodded. "Who's the guy and where's he taking you?" she questioned, picking up a chiffon blue top.

"This really cute guy in my public speaking class. His name is Austin; I'm sure I've mentioned him to you once or twice," I told her.

"Hmmm, I think you have..." she said, still scanning my clothes.

"Well, he's taking me to dinner and then we're going to see that rendition of Romeo and Juliet at the theatre tonight," I explained. "And I've never really gone to a play before so I have no clue how to dress for it," I added.

"Lucky for you I'm an English major and going to the theatre is required for some classes," she told me.

"Which is exactly why I called you!" I exclaimed, tossing aside a red top and sitting on a chair.

"When is he coming to pick you up?" she asked me.

"In like...an hour," I replied sheepishly.

"Avery!" she exclaimed, sending a glare my way. She wasn't the least bit intimidating. She was petite and with her pixie hair cut, she looked like an innocent little fairy.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"That leaves us next to no time at all!" she cried.

"Hey, I can get ready in three minutes if I have to," I said, putting my feet up and picking my phone up. She snatched it away.

"Not to get ready for a classy first date you can't," she said.

"Ok, fine. What should I wear?" I asked.

"What about this?" she asked, pulling out a simple black, one-shoulder dress.

"It's so...black..." I muttered, observing it.

"It's a little black dress. It's perfect for the dinner date and the theatre," she said.

"I don't really like dresses..." I began, but fell silent at her look.

"Get changed so I can do your hair," she said, tossing the dress at me.

"Yes, ma'am," I said, saluting her and getting up to go into my bathroom. I stripped and changed into the dress and then walked out. Olivia surveyed the dress.

"It could use a belt," she said, looking through my pile of clothes. She pulled a thick-width elastic belt from the pile and handed it to me. I put it around my waist and then faced her.

"Well?" I asked. She tapped her pointed chin.

"I think we should just leave your hair down. I feel like if we put it up in a bun it would look too formal," she said. "OR! We could do a sort of high pony-tail kind of thing," she said. "Your choice," she added.

"Let's just leave it down. I hate wearing my hair up," I decided. She nodded and I sat down. She went through and curled my hair expertly. She made the curls look natural and not like little ringlets.

"There; finished. Should I do your make-up, too?" she asked. I gave a half-smile.

"Yes; because I fail at being a girl," I replied. She laughed and shook her head. I handed her my make-up bag, which was a mess.