Chapter One: Mabel's P.O.V. Optimistic

"Dipper, we're almost there!" I shout giggling. I move over to where he's sitting on the bus, a foot away from me on the bench in the very back. I point out the window."Look! A sign!"
"I see it, Mabel," my twin brother Dipper groans.
"Why aren't you happy?" I ask, confused.
"Because not everyone is as optimistic as you are," he answers, not really explaining his reason.
I give him a look to let him know that I want to know more.
"I don't know, I guess I'm kind of bummed that mom and dad kind of kicked us out of the house, away from our friends, for the whole summer," Dipper confesses.
I shrug."They didn't kick us out, exactly." Let me explain: my parents sent us to Gravity Falls, Oregon for the summer to stay with our Great Uncle Stan. I don't know why.
"Well, they don't care for us I guess."
I gasp."That is not true!"
The bus halts and squeaks to a stop.
"We're here!" I shriek, grabbing my luggage and running through the aisle. I jump off.
Dipper drags himself off of the bus.
I look up. A old, wooden, and oddly triangular building stands tall in front of my twin and I. It has a huge sign that reads "MYSTERY HACK" but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be an "s" in front of the "h".
Dipper sighs."Well, this should be interesting."
"Yay!" I laugh, and run up to the door. I knock.
An old man with a somewhat wrinkled face but kind eyes answers."Um, Dipper and Mabel?"
"Great Uncle Stan!" I cheer."It's nice to meet you!" I hug him."Is it okay if I call you Grunkle Stan? It's so much easier! And fun to say! Grunkle Stan, Grunkle Stan, Grunkle Stan!"
He just stares at me as I talk at rapid speed. Then he smiles."Hey, kiddo." Then he looks to Dipper."You must Dipper."
Dipper breathes heavily."Hi."
"Is she always like this?" Grunkle Stan questions.
"Basically," Dipper replies.
"Your room is in the attic," Stan informs.
My bro and I travel upstairs.
Dipper sighs."...And there's a goat on my bed."