Chapter 6

Sleepover

"I said I was sorry."

I glanced up at Kyle and he was still mad at me with his arms crossed at his chest. It's been twenty minutes and he was still ignoring me. He was sitting across the room on one of the couches and I was sitting on the other. The coffee table set in the middle was the space between us.

"Aw come you can't be that mad?" I teased.

He turned his head around so I couldn't see his face anymore. I giggled at his absurd, childish behavior.

"You know," I paused smiling, "If you keep this attitude up, I would think you're mad because you couldn't hold me in your arms longer."

"What?!" he screamed, blushing.

"I knew it," I claimed.

He was red, definitely from anger. I chucked at how easy it was to make him talk again, let alone easy to tease. It was cute, easy like taking candy from a baby. I walked up to him placed my right hand on his left shoulder, patting it softly.

"It's okay," I teased even more, "It's understandable that you would want to hug me. I'm adorable, I know."

He scoffed angrily and stood up. "Don't worry. Someone as handsome as me would never want to touch someone like you. If I did I would be crazy," he barked before storming down the halls back to the garden.

I held in a laugh and hurried to catch up to him. "Are you still mad?"

"Why would I be mad for?" he snarled.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him to stop. Though the motion did stop him from walking any further he swiftly tugged his arm back, away from mine's.

"Then stop acting like a child."

Kyle was going to say something else but was cut off when one of the servants came in. "Dinner is ready."

He narrowed his eyes at me and muttered, "Don't mess this up," under his breath.

Oh yeah I'm definitely going to mess up now. We walked into the dinner room where thousands of different dishes were placed on the table. Okay, so I exaggerate, there weren't a thousand plates of different food but there was a lot. Kyle's grandma was already seated and was waiting for us to sit. I sat down next to Kyle and waited for them to start eating.

I first tried the shrimp dished, I didn't know what it was but it had shrimps in it.

"So Ally dear, who do you live with before you got married to Kyle?"

I looked up and finished chewing then shallow before answering, "I lived by myself." This wasn't a total lie I mean I did lived by myself for almost two weeks.

"Where are your parents, my dear?"

Aw crap! Should I lie? No. But it's not like I can tell her I ran away from home. "I lost parents when I was ten. I lived with my aunt until I was eighteen," I lied. Well it wasn't a complete lied. My mother did really passed away when I was ten. My father remarried my new mom when I was fourteen.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

I shook my head side to side, "No, it's okay."

"What do you do for fun, dear?"

"I love reading. When I was young my grandma would force me to read," I laughed, "Now, because of her eyesight, I would read to her."

Kyle's grandma's faced lifted up, "You read to your grandma?"

I smiled, "Yes, I did."

"Where is your grandma now?"

"She lives two cities away from here. From time to time I would visit her and read to her."