Weakness

My grandfather did pass away, but thank you for all your support. I'm happy to say he's an angel with God.

~Audrey out

Something must have cracked within me overnight. My body felt weak, and my mind felt numb. I climbed out of bed feeling like an old lady. Even my eyelids felt as if they had weights dragging them down.

For breakfast, I'd had a bagel, but that came right back up. My body was too weak to digest it. I hated to admit it, but this was from the affects of my tumor. It was making me tired. It was affecting my whole system now.

I sat at the kitchen table with a glass of Crangrape juice. I guess this would be my lunch. At least I kept it from coming back up. And it reminded me of Jesse.

The sky was dark and glum outside. Rain splattered against the window. I rested my head down on my arm, feeling my eyes droop closed. I was so tired. So weak. The sound of raindrops created a distant lullaby.

Suddenly, the telephone rang, loud and jarring. I sprang up from my chair, tripping over my own feet. Soon enough, I was sprawled out on the cold floor. My heart was going a mile a minute, and fire exploded in my skull. Pain flourished angrily in my head. I rolled over to my side, too weak to do anything else.

I heard footsteps, and then a pair if feet stood in front of me.

"Willow! Oh my god we have to take you to the hospital!" My mother screamed.

She bent down, and all I could see was blonde hair covering my sight.

Somehow, I knew I would be okay. I had to see Jesse tonight.

"Mom...don't take me to the hospital. I'll wake up. I promise." I said before life turned dark.

* * *

Blue eyes.

Short, cropped brown hair. The man was young, handsome.

I could tell something was wrong with the man. He looked frightened, like a deer caught in headlights. That's when I smelled burning flesh. His skin was charred, and festering. The skin peeled back from his bones. Flames enveloped him. He choked on the black air, falling to his knees.

The man was dead. Mike Chase was dead. My father was dead.

I awoke groaning and woozy. The pain in my brain was subsiding, slowly but surely. My head felt full of cotton balls. I rubbed my eyes, and thought back to my dream.

How strange. I've never even met my father before.

"Oh sweetheart!"I looked up to see my mom rushing towards me. "Oh oh OH!"

She kissed my forehead, which irritated my tumor immensely. I ignored the pain.

"Honey I was so close to taking you to the hospital, but when you said you were going to wake up...I believed you...and here you are! Are you feeling alright sweetie?"

I dodged the question. There was only one thing I wanted right now.

"Mom, I need to see Jesse."

Her face dropped.

"I'm not sure if you should sweetheart...I mean, Willow you have three days."

I felt like someone had punched me in the gut. Three days. Three days was all I had left.

" Jesse is a great kid, but don't you want to spend them at home? Your tumor might go off if you go anywhere."

Her brown eyes were pooling with love, and I felt my heart lurch. My father had died, and I was next. What was she going to do without me?