Secrets out

I was confined to the solitary walls of my mind. It was dark, yet blindingly bright. The fuzzy edges of my vision told me I was in a dream.

I was in a dark room. Black to be exact. The ceiling, the walls, everything was black. In the corner of the room, was a door. I walked over to the door cautiously. Eventhough I was in a dream, I didn't trust my surroundings. Everything was eerie, and a thick silence hung in the air. I tugged the door handle open, bracing for whatever was behind it. Scary things usually lurked in my dreams. The door creaked open, and I stepped inside.

Everything was white.

A crisp, spotless white color coated all the walls. It was the complete opposite from the last room. I had to squint from how bright it was. In the corner, was another door. I quickly walked towards it. A strange feeling settled in the pit of my stomach. This wasn't right.

I opened the door, careful to be slow with my movements. The next room was solid black. Again. I stepped inside, feeling my flesh crawl. The hairs on my neck stood up. I stood there for a second, perplexed by the darkness. I decided to turn around, back to the white room. I had to get out of here.

When I reached for the door handle, it slammed shut. The noise echoed through the pitch black room. My breathing quickened. I couldn't see anything. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I couldn't see the door anymore. I couldn't feel the ground below me. A cold sweat broke out on my neck.

I did see one thing though.

In the far corner of the room, where the next door should be, I saw a person. She was hunched over, her shoulder blades sticking out. She was facing the wall, so I couldn't see her face. A white gown hung limp from her body. Her pale skin stood out like a flashlight in the dark. Her white hair was stringy and bald in some places. Clumps of it lay on the floor beside her.

Swallowing my odd feeling, I stepped closer. She was just a figment of my imagination. She couldn't hurt me.

Now, I was right next to her. I could feel coldness radiating from her body. Like a living freezer.

Suddenly, she whipped around. I was flabbergasted by her agility. She was quick for such an old woman.

That's when I realized who she was.

The woman from Jesse's story.

I felt chills race up my body. She had black eyes. Blacker than the room we were in. Her mouth began moving. Jesse was right, her voice was raspy. Like radio static. Her body began shaking.

"He will lose. Everything."

I backed up quickly, tripping over my own feet. The woman noticed my hesitation, and advanced on me. Her gown floated around her.

Her mouth curled into a smile. It looked eerie, just like everything in this dream.

"You think you can escape. Hah."

The woman began convulsing violently. Her body shook, and she collapsed to the floor. Her frail hands clawed at her face. She reminded me of a spider. Skeletal and sinewy.

"NO! He will lose you. Just like I have lost everything!"

The woman screamed. Her back arched. She shook so violently I thought she would break right in half.

I watched in horror as she smiled once more at me. Then, the walls of my dream evaporated. The floor dropped beneath me. I was falling through nothingness. The vapors of reality came back.

Everything rushed towards me, and I felt pain.

* * * * * *

A soft pressure to the sides of my face. A deep voice, and a gentle murmuring.