Prologue - The Beginning

AN:  The 8 Tracks for this is http://8tracks.com/fobsessednikki/fragile

Andrew Faramino arrived at the hospital as the moon reached it's apex.  His wife was having a child - his child - hopefully a boy.  He needed someone strong to take on the family name.  Someone like him, with dark hair, eyes like blue icicles. He walked through the gloomy reception, his eyes hopeful.  He was a slender looking man, but would fight anybody.  He saw the receptionist look sadly at him.

'What?' He asked, looking for any other emotion but sadness.

'I'm very sorry, Sir,' The woman said sympathetically.

'For what?' He was dreading the next part, especially with the woman's tone.

She gestured for him to come along.  They walked through the creepily dark corridors, worry lacing his blood.  He was perplexed about the whole thing.  Then, the woman took him into the recovery room.  There was another woman, lying there, still - it was his wife.  She was pale, drenched in scarlet blood around her crotch area, legs and stomach.

Shock shook him, and he couldn't believe what was happening to him.  Not her.  Please, not her.  Anyone but her.

'Joanne?' His voice became husky, tears clogging up his throat.

He touched her hand and felt the icyness of the woman he loved.  Tears were rolling down his cheeks, and he felt like he was dying.  Nothing could fix this hole.

'Jo!  Don't do this to me!' He cried, making the doctor flinch.

'Sir, please, you'll frighten your daughter!' One of the nurses carried a tiny specimen in her arms - a baby girl.

He looked towards the child, grief turning into hatred, 'N-No.'

This was like a fucking nightmare, and he just wished to wake up from it.  But he couldn't - this was cold, harsh reality.

'Sir...' The doctor murmured, 'Are you okay?'

He looked at him as if he was insane, 'Am I okay?  Am I fucking okay? My wife is dead... because of this... this thing!' he looked as if he truly believed it to be the devil, 'Evil creature!'

'Sir-'

'I don't care what you're gonna say!  Kill her- it! Filthy thing killed it's mother!' He growled.

The baby began to bawl, it's chocolate eyes welling up.

'Shut up, you stupid infant!!' He yelled.

The baby screamed, and Andrew grabbed a scalpel. The doctor was about to grab him, but he slit across his arm to scare him off.

'A life... for a life!' Andrew snarled; he was prepared to stab the thing.

When he brought the scalpel down, something thrust it out of his hands, sending it flying to the corner of the room.  There was a crash of lightning, and the baby cried out in fear.  She was terrified, and Andrew was terrified.  He looked over to the discarded scalpel - it was in pieces.

'What...?' The doctor was perplexed and confuddled.

'Told you she was evil.' Andrew grumbled, almost smugly, 'Anyways, I don't want her.  I never will' 

'You have to take her!' The doctor said, mostly from fear.

'Or what?'  Andrew scoffed, 'It's already taken everything.  Why should I let it take my life too?'

'This girl is what survives of your wife-'

'My wife is dead!' He yelled, his eyes blazing with immanent fury, 'Because of this thing!'

'Sir... Calm down,' the doctor pleaded, looking towards the sedatives.

'I don't want this... thing!' Andrew growled, defiance in his voice, yet being slightly more relaxed.

'But.. this child.. Sir, this is your child,' The doctor's voice grew smaller, and he inspected his own earlier wound.

'I don't care!!  This murderous... thing.. is evil!' He shouted, making the doctor jump, 'Don't you get it, it's a killer?'

The baby's sobs grew louder, and more thunder crashed outside, making all of the medical team's blood run cold.  The room went dark and cold, as if the girl was in control of the elements.  The baby continued to cry, frantically struggling against the doctor's grip.

The doctor begged, 'Please.'

Andrew looked at the child - could he really take her in?  Sure, she was a child, but she also caused the death of his darling wife.  His wedding ring seemed to take away his ability to breathe, and he chewed his bottom lip, at war with himself.

Eventually, his fatherly side won him over, and he lifted the child into his arms, rolling his eyes.  The weather seemed to calm slightly, which scared the doctors and nurses even more.

'Fine, I'll take it!' He snarled, deeply seething that he would have to protect the murderer.

He turned the baby into his chest, cradling and cooing her.   The baby looked up at him, her face blank, to young to even smile.

'Alice.  Alice Faramino is your name, child.' But deep inside him, a fire raged.

He hated her.  She had murdered her own mother in spite.  Just to survive.  It wasn't just hate he felt, it was a deeply felt sorrow.  The baby should've died.  But no, Alice Faramino survived.  At the expense of her mother.  He would punish her, one way or another.  Oh, yes, he would.