Interview with Author: keeper21 (Kay)

WATTPAD AUTHOR INTERVIEW

'Kay' has become quite the friend of mine on Wattpad and I always look forward to our conversations. She's a young, aspiring author, who, like many others, are trying to get their works noticed by others and help improve her writing in hopes of one day getting a job as an published author. Her works vary from werewolf adventure stories, to romance novels - such as her novel Opposing Love. Thankyou, Kay for letting me interview and I look forward to your next update. Your review will be up soon, hun.

Name: Kaila

Age: 15

Author of: The Secret Past of Elena Stark, The Return of Elena Stark, Mourn, Murder in Wolf Territory, Opposing Love, and Raven

Okay so, Kay, when did you join Wattpad, and why?

      I joined Wattpad because I got to read amazing and FREE stories here, haha. And I joined last year sometime, I forget the exact date but its on my bio.

How long have been writing and what inspired your first story? Did you write before you joined Wattpad, or was Wattpad what gave you the courage to start?

       I read a lot of werewolf and vampire and I got inspired to write my own story one day. Yes, I wrote before Wattpad, it was really rough and was not the greatest though.

 Is there a particular genre you enjoy, and if so, why and what?

      like supernatural such as werewolf, vampire, witches. But I also like mystery, action and a bit of romance. In my opinion every story needs a little bit of darkness.

Do you enjoy writing, and if so, why?

      Yes, I love writing. I used to hate it until my mother all but forced me to read a Nancy Drew mystery when I was ten and since then I have been in love with books and reading, and with reading I started writing. I love writing what I'm thinking at the time, most of what I have written hasn't even been posted or anything its rough but I write with the ideas I have at the time.

Where did the inspiration for your story Opposing Love arise?

        Aha the inspiration from Opposing Love came from... I actually don't know. But I thought it would be different if the woman cop fell in love with the bad guy, good against bad and having to fight against what your heart and mind is telling you. Opposing Love came from that.

Do you read on Wattpad, and if yes, what? (Examples)

     Of course I read on Wattpad, are you stupid? I would be stupid not too, there are so many amazing writers on here and I love reading their works. I have read KellyLM's amazing stories, The Legend of Scarlett Grey is my favourite by her. I also love kylekay, all three of her stories are juicy and super sexy.

Haha, so how did you come up with your titles for all of your stories?

     Oh hell, I have no idea how I came up with my titles...sitting there and staring at the computer screen until I can think of one.

In general, do you think joining Wattpad has helped improve your writing?

      Definitely. Wattpad has helped improve my writing because I get to read and see how other authors write and improve on my writing.

Can you only write under certain conditions, such as listening to music, or can you write at any time, any situation?

      I can pretty much write anywhere, anytime as long as I have an idea to write about. Some songs have given me inspiration. Like the father/daughter song in The Return of Elena Stark I was listening to it one day and that's how I came up with the wedding scene and how I wanted Mason's children to be like and react.

Do you plan your stories out beforehand, and if yes, to what type of detail?

         Yes there are several steps I go through before I actually write. I do drafts and jot notes about small traits or events that I want to happen and stuff. I have a notebook filled with old and new drafts.

Have you ever thought of self-publishing or contacting a publishing house?

       No, I have never thought about getting my work published, personally I don't think I'm good enough. I write for fun not to be published.

What would you define a "good story" as, and why?

       What I would define as a good story? Honestly something that can keep a reader interested the entire time. Honestly I have read books that have just been boring and I never end up finishing them, I like action, romance, secrets, sex guns, deaths, stuff that adds twists and turns to a story. In my opinion a story should be like a winding road, that you never know what is around the next corner.

Is there anything unique and odd about you that you would like to share? *winks*

      Unique and odd about me? Have you talked to me? Yes I'm extremely strange. I have an incredibly dirty mind, that most of the time gets me into trouble. Other than that I can touch my thumb to my wrist. That's it, nothing too special about me.

Haha, you make a very good point there, Kay! Seriously? How does the thumb to wrist thing work, exactly?O.o

Anyway, more questions and answers may be added to this interview over time!