Interview with Author: SimplyAWriter_D (Dana)

WATTPAD AUTHOR INTERVIEW

'Dana' has become very well known on Wattpad, especially because of her werewolf series, "Mate or Not". Her stories have managed to reach millions of views and thousands of votes. She was incredibly kind and nice to talk to and it was a laugh to get to know one of Wattpad's well-known authors! I really got an insight into what it is like for her to write on Wattpad. Here it is, enjoy! Thankyou, Dana, for taking the time to speak with me in the early hours of the morning as well! I loved talking to you and your answers were brilliantly informative and interesting!

Name: Dana

Age: 17

Author of: Mate or Not series, It Is What It Is, You'll Never Know

When did you join Wattpad, Dana?

     Uum, July of 2011, I think.

Were you writing before you joined Wattpad, or was it Wattpad that actually inspired you to write?

     I was writing before Wattpad on Word documents, usually, but I discovered a website called missliterati and spent a while writing on it before finding Wattpad.

What made you want to join Wattpad, exactly?

     Well, at first, I wasn't so sure about it (deeply attached to missliterati) but I figured why not. There are good stories to be read on both!

Are you still a member of missliterati?

    Yes, but it's been a while since I opened my account there.

Can you remember your first ever story and what inspired you to write it?

   Hmm, yes. My first story (not published on either sites) was rather cliche. I forgot it's name but it was about a girl who was trying to get out of her twin sister's shadow. I guess what inspired me was my own tries to be an individual and not be like my older sister.

I can understand that! Okay, so next question: Do you think Wattpad has helped you improve your writing, and if so, how?

    Yes, I really do think so. I never knew how much till I read MONYSAJ again a while ago. Writing more helped and so have the wonderful people who had read and commented on my stories with constructive criticism. My writing has improved, in my opinion, and there's still ways I can improve and work on myself so there's still a long way to go.

What inspired you to write the "Mate or Not" series?

    Oh, well that's easy. I have phases where I get stuck on a specific genre to read for a while. And by then I was stuck on the werewolf genre, and when I read my first rejected mate story I thought I should give it a go because I got the idea of MONYSAJ.

Did you expect the type of response you got from MONYSAJ, and if not, why?

    No, not at all. I knew my writing needed a lot of work and wasn't as good as I wanted it to be but I thought 'what the hell, I like the idea so I'll write.'

Did your readers and fans influence the events that happened in MONYSAJ in any way, or did you write the story exactly how you had imagined it, despite the negative/positive response it may get?