Chapter 10 - Unexpected Decision

READ THIS FIRST!

Ok firstly, sorry for not updating you guys. As my bio states, I will only post if I have time. If not, that means I am busy. So sorry guys and hope you enjoy this chapter :D And I have an announcement to make. Which is quite abrupt but this will be the last chapter for this story. Sorry. I am starting on another story. So do read that. Please comment if you want a sequel for this story. If not, I will just continue writing more stories. SORRY again :( especially to those who loved this story.....

**************

Austin told Jenny about our relationship. Ever since the announcement, Jenny has been clinging to Austin in hopes that they can go back together but Austin keeps pushing her away.

“I’m sorry babe. About Jenny,” he started. I just shook my head and moved on with life. It’s not like I could do anything to stop her. If I try, she would resist more and cling to Austin more. Austin kept apologising for her behaviour but I just brushed it aside. In fact, I was kinda annoyed by it that I screamed at him one day. He seemed taken aback by it but I couldn’t take it anymore. I ran up to my room with tears spilling. He came after and knocked on my door several times but I just laid on my bed crying my eyes out. You know how when you get so angry or stressed up that you just cry? That was what I was doing.

One day after coming home from school (be reminded that our relationship hasn’t been publicly known), I opened the door to find the house strangely quiet and dark. I half expected some surprise like how it normally would be when the lights are out but when I switched on the lights, everything was per normal. Everything was in its exact position and I was starting to get paranoid. What if something happened to Austin and his family and they are gagged upstairs? I grabbed my water bottle tightly, ready to assault the intruder but to my surprise, when I reached the stairs, I saw a trail of rose petals leading to the second floor. My heart skipped a beat. It couldn’t be what I think it was right? Or could it?

I followed the trail of rose petals and saw it lead to my room. I raised my eyebrows in suspicion. I turned the doorknob slowly. My heart was hammering against my chest. I flung the door open without hesitation and gasped at the sight before me. My room smelt of roses and in the centre of the room was a table and 2 chairs and sitting on one of them was my boyfriend.

Austin stood up immediately upon my arrival. He brushed his suit and smiled at me. I just stood there with my mouth hung agape. I looked like a fish. Austin came towards me and placed my hand on his arm as he ushered me to my seat. I was at a loss of words. Furthermore, he was impeccably dressed while I looked like a small child who just returned home to find some delicacies in the kitchen since I was having that kind of expression. Austin chuckled at my face and pulled out a chair for me. He pushed me in and laid the napkin on my lap. I gaped up at him in bewilderment. He smiled and leaned closer for a kiss. I expected it to be a peck but it lasted for a while. He cupped my face in his palms as he deepened the kiss. At that moment, my stomach just had to growl and Austin pulled away. “Lunch is served!” and he took out the cover of the food in the middle of the table. Roasted chicken with dressings. Yum! I started to drool just starting at the food. Imagine how good it must taste. I was so desperate to dig in but I, being the well-mannered girlfriend, shall wait for her boyfriend to take his seat. Austin saw my expression and nodded while laughing at me. I grabbed my knife and fork and immediately started slicing the chicken, cutting the drumsticks first. Oh how I just love drumsticks. I started eating it ravenously. I suddenly stopped and looked up at Austin, expecting a shocked expression towards my behaviour but to my surprise, he seemed to be doing exactly the same time, spilling gravy all over his suit. I smiled at him and continued devouring the meat. We were like 2 cavemen who haven’t eaten for years.

After our meal, we brought the dishes down to the sink and started to wash them. During our washing, Austin’s phone rang. He picked it up and answered it animatedly but was followed immediately with a frown on his face. I stopped washing and stared at him intently. He put down the phone and said, “It’s Jenny, she wants to marry me...."

I stared at him in disbelief. “And you’re just going to accept that?” I asked. “Her father is a record dealer. My manager signed with him on the condition that I marry Jenny. He signed without even letting me know!” I looked down at the floor. “Babe, i’m sorry” He enveloped me. I just stood there and felt Austin’s shirt get wet. A contract was signed. Austin isn’t mine anymore. I pushed Austin away from me and ran up to my room. He was calling my name but I ignored him. I grabbed a bag and started dumping all my belongings in it. “Babe please don’t go! I will do something about it please! Just don’t leave,” Austin started. “IT’S A FREAKING CONTRACT AUSTIN! IT IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT. YOU ARE HERS IN THE EYES OF THE LAW. DON’T TELL ME YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ‘CAUSE YOU CANT OKAY?” and I dragged my bag down and out of his house.

-10 years later-

I just came home from college. My parents were ecstatic to see my grades and bought a new TV as a homecoming gift for me. They placed it in my room with the promise that I would still study hard and not get distracted. I eagerly switched on the TV but regretted it immediately. Out popped a variety show where Austin was being interviewed. “So Austin, you have been married to Jenny Smith for about 10 years now?” “Yes I have. It has been a pretty long time” “Would you say yours is the most perfect relationship ever?” “Erm I wouldn’t say that as every relationship has its ups and downs but I do know one relationship that was really perfect. They were like a match made in heaven but due to certain circumstances, everything was lost. The girl should be 27 this year and her is Justina” and I cried....

**************

THANK YOU GUYS! Sorry that this is the last chapter. More stories coming :D Comment if you want a sequel. Vote, follow and recommend :D #noh8