Chpt 32

The clearing was swarming with Death eaters on one side and Voldemort stood in the middle, Bellatrix watching him, looking concerned even. Behind them all I could make out Hagrid, in chains no less.

At first I was shocked that he was pacing nervously, he was evidently unsure whether Harry would show. “My lord.” I heard Bellatrix say as I came into view holding Harry’s arm roughly, the whole time mentally blocking anything coming my way, needless to say there was a lot, but there was some dragon bone still in the way. He looked around and stared wildly at me, the anger on his face plain, until he noticed Harry being dragged half behind me, which he then smiled at cruelly. “Thank you my dear.” And that was the end of my recognition.

“Harry no!” Hagrid called from his spot in the entangled roots. I pushed Harry forward and to his credit he didn’t stumble, but rather straightened and faced death down the throat. “Harry Potter,” he began, smiling even now. “The boy who lived.” He continued, drama really pulling everyone into what was happening, not even I was impervious to the suspense, literally crackling in the air around us. “Come to die.” He said finally, raising the wand in his hand and shouting the curse. “AVADA KEDAVRA!”

The light was intense and several people were thrown backwards, Harry was flung to the ground, as was Voldemort, I was knocked back into the tree, having not braced myself in anticipation of the blast. I ran to my husband as soon as the light permitted me to and knelt by his body. He was lifeless for a second until he snapped open his eyes and stared up at me.

“My lord?” Bellatrix inquired, kneeling opposite me and attempting to help him up.

“I need no help!” he ordered her angrily, and she skittered back to the stump she had just recently been knocked off. He pulled me to my feet and again tried to push his mind at mine. Only a few leaked thoughts got to him and all of them concerning what we had all just witnessed. He wrinkled what passed for a nose in distaste and brushed off his robe. “Is he dead?” He asked me loudly, indicating the boys ‘corpse’. Even from here I could hear him breathing and hearing several of my people speculating their own response I decided to make a thing of it, covering up whatever could go wrong, knowing all of them would be able to tell he was alive as well.

I am aware he is not dead, he is alive and this is the end of my husband’s reign… this is my decree as your queen, any of you betray that he is living and you will be killed before you can open your mouths.”

I announced this in my peoples tongue and both Voldemort and his followers, waited in silence as I spoke. He finally turned to me after I had finished my very respectful sounding little speech he raised an eyebrow and looked questioningly at me. “He’s dead.” I said adding; “That was a speech for the dead, ceremonial-” I was bullshitting of course but I was smart enough not to show it on my face. With no answer from him or any words for that matter I continued. “Do not be fooled that I brought him here, he asked me to take him to you…he was very brave.” Voldemort lashed out then and I caught his arm before he slapped me across the face. He tried against me but I just glared at him and pushed his hand away. Strangely enough my hunger was back.  I wasn’t, however stupid enough to bite Voldemort and allow him access to all my thoughts, so I sprang at Bellatrix and pressed her up against the tree where I could get my fangs into her carotid artery and gorge myself till I felt slightly more saturated.  She moaned and struggled only briefly under my hold before she tried began to find it pleasurable, I remembered why I preferred to feed on males. I dropped her before I drained her completely though I have to admit it was hard not to. “I apologise my lord, this evening has been a bit of a strain on my thirst,” I said turning, he seemed to have gotten over his anger at me. “I think we should let the oaf carry Potter so that his friends can see just how fruitless it is to assume they can fight me.” He mused. The death eaters laughed in unison, I made a short signal to my people and they began to move off, they knew they were no longer needed. “Hagrid pick Harry’s body up if you would be so kind.” He directed his wand at the giant man and Hagrid stood rigidly, tears flowing freely down his great cheeks.