Chpt 31

I leapt through into the clearing almost as soon as my vision cleared and realised where I was going, I stiffly turned and searched for the next best thing, His blood was out of bounds, even the primal part of me knew that my mates’ blood was not available. The other option was younger, fresher and didn’t have the faint rotting smell that seemed to draw me. For a normal Nosferatu this would be the better option, but normalcy was irrelevant at that point. Another clearing not far from me held my meal, but something else was confusing my smell, something was interfering. I was about to pounce out at the unsuspecting boy when something stopped me, something I knew I should recognise, but I couldn’t put a finger on it while I was so hungry. It took every corner of my self-control to clear my head for long enough to realise what I was witnessing, I stumbled half blinded in pain out of cover and towards Harry. “Sirius.” In front of Harry stood several people, but my gaze was locked on one. I walked past the confused Harry and reached out to feel for the man whom I had loved more than life, and unbearably close, my hand slipped through the spectre. I howled in rage, still swiping, trying to reach him, desperately. “Robyn, stop.” It was like a button had been pressed, his voice, his face, it made me remember the time we had spent together and the time where our minds had been so closely linked in prison that we needn’t have communicated a word, only feelings, I stopped immediately. “I had to kill Remus,” I sobbed, falling to my knees with the weight of my words, he seemed to follow me and I could feel the apparition beside me. “I know, and no-one blames you for what you did, we know why.” He tried to consolidate me.
“But Remus… he,”

“He knew what would happen.” I looked up at his creased face.
“I want this to be over,” I pulled the vial out of my pocket and began pulling off the cover for the needle. He tried to place his hand over mine but it didn’t work, but I got the gestures meaning. “Not now,” he confirmed. Sirius’ ghost looked up and something passed between them, it was obvious that they had already spoken, and while Sirius and I had been speaking, Harry’s parents had been talking quietly to Harry.  Sirius turned to me again and I got what he meant by that sad look, he glanced quickly to Harry and then back. Harry was going to die then. I sighed and he frowned. “Harry’s a Horcrux dear.” He whispered. I looked up sharply. Sirius nodded to my impending question, Harry wouldn't actually die; instead the piece of Voldemort in him would. I nodded knowingly and stood, walking to Harry, my hunger seeming to have vanished completely. “Harry dear we’ll be with you.” Lily told her son, he merely nodded in reply, “Until the end son,” James finished for her and smiled at me. “I’ll watch him.” I promised yet again, the three ghosts all smiled at that and Sirius whispered, “You’ve never stopped.”

Harry handed me the stone and I returned to the clearing I had almost entered before, only this time Harry was by my side and Sirius was in my thoughts. I hoped that the dragon vertebrae hadn’t stopped working.