Chpt 22

“You think you can control me!?” He demanded too angry to concentrate on what was going through my head. “I'm sorry; I’m not sure where that came from.” I said both sad and guilty. He began to calm down furrowing his brow; which then turned into a smirk of horrendous realisation, “Oh that’s right it’s almost the date for our wedding, that’s why you came to me wanting to mate weeks ago… And why you want to mate right now.” He laughed as my eyes downcast.

“Yes my lord.”

“Well unfortunately I don't have the time right now.” He stared at me coldly and stood, “Please don't let Potter get away if that happens again.”

As he walked out I breathed a sigh of relief desperately needing to eat, the close contact had made my thirst unbearable. It was true that I would eat human food with the others on occasion but there was an altogether different hunger associated with blood. Voldemort had not helped, considering I was attracted so much more to his life fluid than anyone else’s. I stood as well, finally feeling Voldemort leave the mansion; again.  My ears were almost ringing at that point, and if I didn’t find food soon… I heard a grating as the front door swung open and someone entered the house manually. Rushing out onto the balcony I noticed the black cloaked figure enter calmly and efficiently quiet for a human. I jumped down, finding it an easier way to travel down levels rather than using the tedious stairs. I flew down through the air, and landed in a cat like stance, the extra force being absorbed by my flexible limbs, the cloaked person not taking his eyes off me the whole time. “Robyn.” The person with the manly voice nodded. Straightening, I inclined my head in return and the man pulled back his hood so that I could see his face. It was only Dolohov and with a short exchange of glances we both walked in opposite directions. I stopped just before the stairs, calculating the distance that he would be from the door and seeing an opportunity arise, one foot followed the other and in seconds he was unconscious and on the floor, my head buried in the crook of his neck and shoulder, the taste of blood refreshing; but sickening from such a polluted source. Sighing and licking clean the area where my fang marks had penetrated, I kneeled and stood up slowly, removing the drops of blood from around my mouth and relishing in the smooth delicate taste. Stretching I felt like a cat on a warm day and despite the rain I journeyed outside to where the air ran cool and damp with fog and hail and rain. It was early spring now and my weird sleeping times meant that I saw the world at all times of the day and night. Right now though, at dusk, this was my favourite time, the already grey sky deepening into black, and the creatures of the night appearing in droves inside the hedges. All too suddenly I felt a sharp lancing inside my head, and a yell of exultation seemed to resound from somewhere inside, I was almost positive that it had emanated from Voldemort.