Chpt 11

Tears began to fall like a waterfall down my face, the very last bit of control melting away, but it wasn’t the tears that hurt, instead there was an aching in my chest, weighing me down. I continued standing but my eyes were fuzzy with tears and the tower felt like it was swaying. I peered over the edge and down to the ground that appeared to be rushing up towards me, the glistening surface like a diamond sea. I felt the impact in slow motion, the muscles tearing like leather and my bones snapping and crunching at the crash.

I lay immobile, looking up to where I had been standing only a few seconds ago. Hearing my spine click back into place brought me back out of my inert state and into reality just in time to scream when my pelvis was forced back inside my body, leaving great gaping wounds where it had protruded. I managed to sit up while I bled over the grass, losing enough blood to tint my vision liberally with red, I really needed blood. I limped painfully over to the debris filled ground of the Forbidden Forest sniffing out prey. There was a young centaur atop a mound of earth between some trees, he was unguarded, alone, and looked inexperienced by the way he held his bow aloft.

Perfect target. 

Feeding from the beast was far too easy to be any fun, but I relished quietly at the soft flesh that snapped back under my fangs, blood oozing and heart beat rising as he panicked. It wasn’t exactly a perfect meal, but it would keep me going long enough to find more fitting food. I dropped the corpse and began to seek out my next meal, the waft of a human waving through the branches cloyingly. I bolted off to the human scent, also, unknowingly towards the school.

“Severus?” I stopped suddenly, the blood lust fading out, leaving me empty.

“I saw you fall from the tower, are you alright?” He sounded genuinely concerned.

“I’m fine I just… well I was thirsty.” I answered reassuringly.

“And the blood?” He gestured to my legs and surely enough when I looked down my robes were covered in blood. “I just had a few minor injuries, I’ll be fine.” Of course once I had said that I felt an aching in the pit of my stomach. My faced must have showed something because he took a step closer and tried to peer into my eyes. “Are you-”

I held up my hand telling him to shut up, for the last time that night pressing my hands to my belly, there was nothing. “Oh shit. Well that’s not good.” I said more nonchalantly than I felt. “Come on,” He ushered, “I’ll take you up to Poppy.” And placing a hand on my back he guided me up to the hospital wing.