o n e

"seungkwan?"

seungkwan was pulled out of his thoughts by a sharp nudge to his ribcage from the person whom he calls his best friend next to him.

"yeah?" he looks up to see his teacher looking at him, flashing a bright smile.

"are you able to keep chanwoo accompany for the week until he adapts to the school?" seungkwan's eyes then fell on yooa who sat a few seats in front of him. she was staring at him with pleading eyes which practically screams say yes please.

his heart sank and he shifted his gaze back to his teacher. he sighed silently and nodded in agreement to his teacher's request. "sure, mr ryu."

his teacher smiled wider, "thank you. chanwoo-sshi, please take a seat next to seungkwan."

the boy standing upfront next to the teacher, chanwoo nodded and walked towards the other empty desk next to seungkwan. he bowed and gave seungkwan a polite smile before sitting down. seungkwan did not want to be rude, no matter how much hansol whispered to him to ignore the new boy, he returned a small smile. totally not because his mother would scold him or anything.

class started as per normal. with the new equations being taught and methods on how to solve them, seungkwan feels like his head is about to burst.

he copies down the notes on the board in a hurry so he'd be able to catch up with the teacher when suddenly, yooa came to view.

he stops writing and releases his grip on his pen.

yooa was beaming at him with a thumbs up, gesturing towards chanwoo carefully not to look obvious. and she mouthed, 'good job class monitor.'

was that a way to say thanks in advance on allowing them to get to know each other sooner or a praise from her?

seungkwan plastered a fake smug smile and did the 'flicking dirt off of shoulders' action in a playful manner as he felt his heart swell up even more. seeing her smile bigger and the probability of chanwoo being the reason behind that smile makes it even worse.

- ♡ -

"are you...are you lost?"

chanwoo turned around and saw a familiar face that he had seen this morning in class and he heaved a sigh of relief. she was slightly pink in the face and is clutching onto her wallet so tightly that her knuckles are turning white.

he smiled sheepishly and nodded.

her face fell and grunted, "did seungkwan left you? he did, didn't he? i'll teach him a lesson later."

"oh. no, it's not his fault." chanwoo assures her. "i wandered away to make a phone call without telling him anything." 

an awkward silence fell upon them as they stare at each other without a word.

"so um, i-i'm joining seungkwan for lunch now and i'm pretty sure he's looking for you. do you...do you want to come with me?" yooa asked. 

"if you don't mind..."

"not at all.

"then, sure." 

chanwoo smiled at her gratefully and yooa swore that she might melt into a puddle. his smile is just that adorable and irresistible. she took a deep breath in secrecy to calm her inner fangirl heart down before gesturing for him to follow her. she was careful in her footsteps, praying silently not to trip over her own feet or even the air. nothing is processing in her head either, which makes it harder for her.

now where the hell is hyunmi when she needs her? 

"i still haven't gotten to know your name yet? i mean, i would if i look at your name tag but you'll probably think i'm a pervert." chanwoo says, a little embarrassed after he caught up to her.

yooa blinked and look down to the name tag pinned on her left chest above the school's crest. finally able to process whatever the hell chanwoo had just said, she blushed. "it's yooa."

"i'm chanwoo." he said but then he realizes something and he slaps his hand across his forehead. "wait, you knew that." 

little did they know, someone has been listening all this while from behind the cornered walls.

a heavy regretful sigh was the only thing could come out from him after seeing the two chatter comfortably on their way to the cafeteria. he retreated back behind the wall, leaning against it as he closed his eyes, trying to forget the sickening sight that he had just seen.

and so it all begins, seungkwan. your nightmare has officially came true.

--
a/n:
god damn it, how the hell am i going to manage to continue this 'short story' when the second chapter already have 755 words in total.

anyways, i choose chanwoo - ikon's giant cream puff maknae, jung chanwoo - as the new kid. so you'll be seeing even more of him since idk yooa likes him lol.