Chapter 8: "Will you fall too?"

(A/N: the picture on the side is how i imagined Alana's eyes. i just thought i would let you know so that you don't think i'm weird bc i have a picture of a persons eye on display for you lol)

Luke’s POV:

I looked over to Alana as I pulled into the driveway. She was sound asleep. I nudged her shoulder. “Alana, we’re here.”

She groaned and turned her head away from me. I snickered. I was really falling for her wasn’t I?

“Alana…” I cooed. There was no reply this time. I unbuckled myself and crawled out of the car. I trotted to the other side of the car and opened up the door. Somehow I managed to get the seatbelt off of her body without waking her.

I pulled her out of the car and carried her into the house bridal style. As I walked up the stairs I looked down at her. She was beautiful. I figured that out a long time ago though. It really pains me to think about how much she’s hurting inside. How much she needs to be loved.

I thought about the way her long hair tickled my arm and the way she laughs. I imagined her beautiful light blue eyes staring into mine. I remember the first time I noticed the rim of green around her pupil. I was mesmerized. I remember the taste of her lips on mine. I’m not sure if she thinks of me more than a friend, but that kiss changed a lot of things for me. Alana made me feel something again. For the first time I found myself not thinking of Aleisha, but of Alana. I have to admit she makes me feel… electric. 

I laid Alana on top of the bed and carefully placing her head on the pillow. I pulled off each pair of her red Vans and put them on the floor.

I pulled the sheets over her body and turned off the lamp on the side table. Before I could turn and exit the room, Alana grabbed my hand. “Stay with me Luke.” She whispered.   

I sighed. “Are you sure?”

She nodded sleepily. I kicked off my shoes and crawled in on the other side of the mattress. She was still holding onto my hand.

I wasn’t quite sure what to do, so I wrapped my arms around her waist. After laying there listening to her breathe, I began to get comfortable. I put my head on her shoulder and held her.

“What do you want to,” she paused to yawn, “be when you’re older?”

I chuckled. “I thought you were asleep.” She remained silent waiting for an answer, “Isn’t that something I should be asking you?”

“I guess you’re right… Then what would you want to be if you weren’t a member in a successful band?” she said yawning once again.

I thought about it for a moment. What would I have been? “I probably would have been a Math or Science teacher.” I told her.

I think she nodded but I couldn’t tell. “What about you?”

“Well I’m not in a band if that’s what you’re asking. I have a passion for music just like you, but that will never happen for me.”

“It might. You just have to believe.”

“But no matter how much I ‘believe,’ it’ll will never happen because now I’m my brothers mum.” 

There was a small gap of silence.

“Go to sleep.” I cooed.

I rubbed a small circle with my thumb on her shoulder.

“I honestly think that I could fall asleep right now, but can you sing me a song Luke?”

I instantly became nervous. This is what I love to do. Singing that is. Now I just had to sing to the girl that I was falling for. “What song?” I asked.

“W—whatever you like.” She slurred. I could tell she was about to fall asleep again.  I thought about what song I would sing as quickly as I could.

I began to sing to her in a low, soft voice, “You and I

 Two of a mind

 This love’s

 One of a kind

You and I

 We’re drifting

 Over the edge

And I will fall for you

 If I fall for you

 Would you fall too?

You and I

 Learning to speak

 With kisses on cheeks

You and I

 We’re lifted

 Over the edge

And I will fall for you

 If I fall for you

 Would you fall too?

And I will fall for you

 And if I fall for you

 Would you fall too?

Would you fall too?

 Would you fall too?

 Would you fall too?

 Would you fall too?”

I listened to the even rise and fall of her breaths. Alana was asleep. We stayed like that the rest of the night wrapped in each other’s arms, legs entwined. And I think at that moment, I fell in love with her. I fell in love with Alana Smith.