Chapter Twenty Eight

Meanwhile in Osgiliath, large amount's of Orc's roaming, havoc is still being wreaked. Faramir, Frodo, Sam and the other soldiers have finally arrived to Osgiliath to kill the remaining Orc's.

Faramir's P.O.V.

"Captain, Osgiliath it burns. The war of Mordor has begun" ranger Feldor said softly, I looked around looking at the bodies of Orc's and men that lay before me. Anger festering within me. "Faramir, the Ring cannot save Gondor, it will not answer to you, it will only answer to it's master. It only has the power to destroy rather than save, please let us go. Let us hurry to Mordor so we can stop the evil of Mordor, please!!" Frodo shouted at me, tears in his eyes. I could only stare in disbelief, I did not know what to do anymore, Osgiliath may still be able to be saved, but for how long? How long till the next amount of Orc's and foul creatures come? What can I do in the end with such a small army?

"Come on, make haste!" I shout hurrying the Hobbits forward, they protested bitterly of course, but they cannot do anything to prevent my moves. "Faramir, Orc's are increasing in numbers, Osgiliath will be over-run by nightfall!" Feldor shouted towards me. I look over once more at the blood shed and then to the Hobbits "Take them to Minas Tirith, take them to my father, and tell him that Faramir send him a gift of power, a gift that will change our fortunes in this war.." I mumble softly releasing my grip on the Hobbits. As they are being pulled away, I hear Sam "Do you wanna know a story about Boromir?! He tried to attack Frodo, threatened him with death! All for the Ring. He held it but for a moment and it's power had already enchanted him! It drove him to become someone he was not, now that he has controlled his lust for the Ring, he pledged an oath to never go near it again for as long as he lived! It almost drove him crazy! You think the Ring will help you? You think it can help save Middle Earth? You're wrong. It will destroy every inch of this world down to every blade of grass, there will be no colour, just darkness, no warmth or light left from the Sun..or the moon. Everything will be gone! Please, let us go now, and we can save this world, for our part! Please!!". I stared at them in shock-horror. Is this the truth? Should I let them leave?

"BOULDERS! WATCH OUT!" Delmir shouted aloud, I looked across and saw a boulder covered in fire as it hit the tall peaks of Osgiliath causing the rubble to fall to the ground in destruction. I looked at Frodo only to notice he was giving a strange look, as though he were a million miles away. "Frodo, are you alright??" Sam quickly said to him. I turned back to Frodo and he weakly started to move "They're here, they have come. Death.." he said as though in a trance, his words confusing me. Suddenly I hear a sound, a piercing scream, such a sound it hurts my ears. I look up in fear and as expected, they had come "NAZGUL!! NAZGUL ON FELL BEASTS!!" I look on as the Hobbits stare in fear, covering their ears to discard the sound of evil. I must move now! "Come with me!!" I shout to them, I thrust them into a small corner, unseen and away from danger. "Stay here, and stay out of sight" I whisper as I shoot for my soldiers to take cover!

Sam's P.O.V.

"Those beasts are horrendous, that foul sound! Oh Frodo I fear so much" I say quietly. I look into Frodo's eyes and notice there is no spark in his eyes, just dulling colour, the Ring and the Nazgul draining him of his sanity. "Frodo you will be ok, do not give in to the power of the Ring, together we can do this" I whisper as I grab his hand with force. No sound emitted from him, just the reassuring squeeze of his hand in mine. "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" "Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" we scream aloud as we hear the heavy sound of the Nazgul and Fell beasts scream. "Sam, I can't handle it, such a heavyweight it is. They are calling for me.." I see Frodo try to get up as he senses how close they are, he removes the Ring from his neck and fiddles with it gently, murmuring. "Frodo no!" I shout as I tackle him to the ground, the Nazgul rider screaming in anger. As quick as anything Faramir launches an arrow at the Fell beast, causing them to fall of the peaks of Osgiliath!! Frodo looks at me with a maddened look and claws at me!!! "Ahh Frodo no! It's me, it's Sam!! Don't you recognise me? Don't let that filth drag you into ruin, pull through!!"

I looked at him as he lay on top of me,Sting in his reach. I breathe gently..wondering if it would be my last breath, but I look closely and colour returns to Frodo, he has resisted the temptation of the Ring! "Oh Sam, I am sorry. Forgive me" he whispered in weakness. I push him upwards and place my hand on his shoulder "There is nothing to forgive Frodo, you are safe now, im going to look after you" we looked at each other and he slowly began to cry, as he fell against me weakened and drained. "It's like in them stories you hear, like mr Bilbo's! We should not be here today, but we are. We have been chosen for this task, we must try our very hardest for we have not a long way to go. We throw that treacherous trinket into the pits of fire and we run, run like we have never run before. Middle Earth has chosen us, im sure there is a reason behind this, they would not have appointed two Hobbits for such a task if they did not believe we could not do it. There is a lot of good left in this world Frodo, and it is certainly worth fighting for" I whispered to him calmy. He looked up at me and smiled "You are right. Soon it will all be over, and we can go back home. Back to Hobbiton, the green dragon. The rivers, the flowers in bloom. With all our might we will make it" I smiled and squeezed his shoulder reassuringly. I pulled out my hand and proceeded to pull him back up as the attack on Osgiliath had died down.

I look over at the other side of the pillars we hide behind and spot Gollum staring at us, seemingly moved. This does not change my opinion on him, evil still recedes within him, I do not trust him. Faramir is running over to us "Frodo, Sam. I think I finally understand you, this task..this Ring. You go. Leave now and don't turn back, head for Mordor, but stay safe for their is dark evil their, shadows of death that linger, there is evil there that does not sleep. Be on your guard, and destroy that trinket of evil, once and for all!" he said quickly. I looked up at Frodo and smiled, he smiled back greatly, we have hope now! "Captain, this is against the wills of your father, if you let them go. Your life will be given as forfeit" Feldor said quickly. I looked and without question I said "Then may it be forfeited. Go, go fast and do not look back" he said quickly. We didn't need to be asked twice, Frodo grabbed Gollum and we ran far from this death site.

"We have hope now Frodo, let us be rid of this Ring once and for all. Let Middle Earth be at peace from Sauron's evil" I said softly, courageously. Frodo turned and looked at me.

"There is always hope Sam, let's go!" Frodo shouted.

Ahhh let us rid the world of this darkness, this evil. We are so close, after this..Sauron will never ride again.