Chapter Twenty Five

Aragorn's P.O.V.

I have been awake not longer than an hour, I sit and think of all this responsibility. I am Isildur's heir, the lands of men ignited together, Sauron and Saruman will not be able to conjure an army fit for the destruction of King's. I healed quicker then I should off, this is unnatural..could it be the abilities of King's? The healing hand's of a King? I do not know, I sit in think of War, one that shall commence at nightfall. What if the armies of Isengard have increased? Uruk's have supreme strength, we will need our armies, we can not long defend Rohan with such small numbers. Where are Aria and Gandalf? Will they come in time? I do not have fear for death, I fear for the people of Rohan, for the fates of the women and the children, what will they have to suffer if we cannot defend further? Theoden is stubborn, but a brave man, he will not yield, even if defenses of Rohan are destroyed.

-Knock knock-

"Come in". I say loudly as I slowly get up, needing to see to many people before hell breaks loose. I look too see who it is..Ahh Legolas and Gimli! "My friends!". I shout as I reach to hug them, glad they are alive after the Warg attack. "Aragorn, we are too few in number, we wait in hope that Aria, Boromir and Gandalf return with more numbers. But I fear until then, what if we cannot break the lines of Isengard?". Legolas said calmly, but with a tinge of fear. I put my head into my hands trying to breathe calmly. "How many Orc's or Uruk's do they have? Have you foreseen it Legolas?". He nodded slowly and softly said "The armies of Orc's and Uruk's stand at ten thousand strong, Aragorn.". No, no it cannot be! "Ten thousand?" I whisper. Legolas nods, Gimli fearful. "It is an army bred for one purpose. To destroy the world of men!". I say in anger. "Theoden, where is he? We have but little time before the armies of Isengard attack!". "Theoden is in the halls of Helm's Deep. We shall take you. Remember, Gandalf said he would be here by dawn of the coming day. I have faith he will show. Aria and Boromir too, they shall hopefully be here soon. Have faith Aragorn". I smiled at him and nodded in understanding.

We walk with haste, we must get to Theoden, time is running out. We run through the many doors and gates of Helm's Deep, trying to reach Theoden. Finally we come to the double doors of the Halls of King's. We run through immediately, Gamling and Eowyn with Theoden. "My lord! Isengard, they have emptied! They shall arrive by nightfall my lord!" I shout quickly. "How many?". Theoden asked bravely with the slight tone of fear. "They stand strong with ten thousand Uruk-Hai and Orc's". I say softly. Theoden, Gamling and Eowyn gasped aloud "Ten thousand?! We have not enough men..where is Aria and Gandalf? Will they come?". Theoden's will has turnt to that of fear "My lord, they will be here, Gandalf will be here first light of the coming day, I am not sure where Aria is, but she is close. Very close. Legolas can feel her in the borders!". Theoden nodded and dismissed us, we needed to get ready, "To the armoury!". I say aloud. So we three exit to the armoury, leaving Theoden to get ready and to think about a further plan of action, further aid.

-15 minutes later-

Theoden's P.O.V.

"Gamling! I need every man and strong lad, who is able to bear arms to be ready for battle, we have till nightfall, go!" I shout, Gamling nods and walks off to the lower caves to where the women, children and the elderly lie, with Eowyn. I sit and think for what seemed to be only 5 minutes, but felt as though it was a lifetime. I must quickly see to Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli! I walk hastily towards the armoury, this must be dealt with. 

I finally get to the armoury and I walk straight inside, Aragorn staring out at me. "My lord?". I looked and said "Tonight, we cover the gates from above, the causeway. No army has ever been able to breach the walls of Helms Deep, or set foot inside our keep. This is how we will fight tonight". Aragorn is about to say something but is interrupted by Gimli "This is no horde of mindless Orc's my Lord. These are a new breed, the Uruk-Hai. Their armour and skin remains thick and tough, their shields broad". I looked at him and anger suddenly fuelled me "Master Dwarf in my life I have fought many wars, I know what it is I must do to defend my keep!". I looked him in the eye, and he turned away from me. "We can outlast them, I have seen this before. Saruman's armies will fall in battle". I said calmly, hopefully. "My lord, the army was bred to destroy, everyone and everything down to the last child. We must call for more aid, even with Aria and Gandalf's riders surely it will not be enough, we must hope that it is, but I believe we should call for further aid!" Aragorn said aloud. "What would you have me do eh? My men, their courage hangs by a thread! If we are not to survive this, I want this to be a battle worth of remembrance!". I sneered in derision.