Chapter Five

Pippin's P.O.V.

"Wait! We aint going no further until we have had a rest!!" Shouted an out of breath Orc. The lead one of whom seems to be looking after us sneers nastily then shouts "Get a fire going!". Orcs set to work and cut down the tree's in the forest, I took this opportunity and crawled to Merry. "Merry?" I whisper as I body crawl over to the sleeping Merry, my hands binded. "Merry!". I whisper loudly into his face. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at me, his cheek bleeding from a cut. "I think we may have made a mistake, leaving the Shire Pippin" he said pained and tired. I look at him pained to see him n such a downed condition, I drop and lay next to him and sit with him,away from the Orcs. Sunset was starting to take over the skies, soon we will be in complete darkness with these Orcs. 

Suddenly a rather big Orc comes into view with all the other Orcs and starts to complain of hunger, he said "We aint had nothing but maggoty bread for three whole days!". All the other Orcs started agreeing in hunger. Then a lesser Orc, a foul looking creature says to the lead Orc "Yeaaah! Why can't we have some meat!" with a sly smile. Me and Merry stay silent in fear. Then the foul Orc turned in our direction and said "What about them? They're fresh, meaty.." his voice tailed on, me and Merry stare at each other fearfully, I grab his hand and squeeze. Woahh!!! One of the Orcs picks both me and Merry up and then throw us in the centre of the raging Orc circle, we huddle next to each other, staying close. "They are not for eating!!" the lead Orc who I found out was called Ugluk said, I breathed out loud heavily. Then another Orc says "What about their legs? They don't need those.." we both simultaneously look at our legs in fear thinking what will happen next. Then the first Orc runs up and shouts "Let's carve em up! Just one bite!". Then Ugluk rose in anger and cut of his head, which landed right by mine and Merry's feet. We looked in disgust as Ugluk said "Looks like meat is back on the menu! Devour him!" the Orcs pushed us out the way and mounted the dead Orc.

"Pip let's get out of here!". Merry whispered to me, we could get away easily, the Orcs were distracted. So we body crawled away from the scene in the direction of the forest, the forest that was rumoured to be alive. "Come on Pippin were almost there!". I hurry myself up when suddenly I feel a massive weight on my back, Merry too. I turn around and the second Orc that suggested to eat our legs towered above us. My eyes widened in fear, I didn't know what to do, this was it. He bent down to our faces and grabbed them, preventing us from talking and said "Go ahead, try to call for help. No-ones going to save you now!". He raised his blade when out of nowhere a spear shoots through him, wounding him severely. We push him off of us to see what was happening, I see warriors! Not our friends, maybe even enemies! They slaughter the part of Orcs that kidnap us, I cannot remove my eyes from the scene. When suddenly I fall to my back to dodge a spear that kills an Orc that stood behind me. I fall to my back and then a horse stands in front of me, neighing it comes down ready to fall on top of me I scream scared! I forced myself to roll over out of way of the horse, I lay there and breath heavily, noticing a rock next to me, it was sharp. I go over to it and run the rope binding my hands together over it, after just a few moments the rope came undone. I ran to Merry who lay hidden in the bushes waiting for me and untied his rope, now our hands were free we decided to run for the rumoured live forest.

"Ahhh!" Merry shouted as a force pulled him backwards slightly. I looked over and saw it was the Orc that had been shot with the spear. He grabbed Merry by the top of his trousers, I look and quickly say "Merry, the belt!" and as quick as anything he undid the belt and we ran leaving the Orc behind, angry. We look back too see the slaughter and see all the Orcs have died, apparently. We do not linger and we run for sanctuary in the Undead forest. Waiting for someone.

-30 minutes later-

Merry's P.O.V.

"I think we have lost him Pippin!" I shout to him as we look around the forest as we try to lose the Orc. We smile and sigh heavily for the fact we got away. Wait..I hear a noise..oh no. The bushes are moving..something's coming through, please do not be the Orc! Pippin is yet to notice..then I hear the definite voice of the Orc "Where are you!" We turn around and look to see the very annoyed Orc coming our way, we freeze in fear. "Im gonna rip out your filthy little innards! Come here!!". Me and Pippin look at each other trying to think of what to do when I suddenly think of the tree's. "Pip! Find a tree and climb it, to the highest you can go, lets go!!". We run to a tall thin tree and climb, climb high. We stop when we get to the middle of the tree and I say to Pip "I think we lost him haha!". Then I felt a fierce tug on my feet ending our happiness. "Merry no, don't let go!" I heard Pippin shout, but I could not keep holding on the Orc was pulling to fiercely, I lost my balance and fell to the bottom, the Orc jumping in front of me. "Merrrryy Nooooo!!!". I heard Pippin cry.

I lay in wait, confronting my fate, my grisly fate. The Orc reached for his blade and said "Let's put a massive hole in your little belly!". I gasped heavily, scared.

Pippin's P.O.V.

"Merry!!!" I cry aloud, tears spilling down my face. When I heard a crackle, which distracted me, heavily. I look at the tree and I saw a sight that could even freeze death. I was looking into the eyes of the tree I had climbed, the tree was alive!! "Argh! Ughh!". I shouted as the tree stared at me, then it began to move, I screamed in fear and fell of the tree. The tree stooped and grabbed me, preventing my fall, it witnessed the Orc teasing Merry with death. Merry looked up in fear as he saw the tree approaching, the Orc not yet realising. Until he slowly turned around only to be stood on by the tree, crushing and killing him instantly. "Merry, run!!" I scream to him, he ran instantly, but it was no use against the forces of the tree. The tree stooped down and grabbed Merry, both of us now in either of his hands. Have we just got ourselves stuck into a worse fate then death?

The tree squeezed us by our stomachs, crushing us, but then after inspecting us properly it loosened it's grip. "Merry the tree is walking..." I said stating the obvious facts but still not believing it, then the tree started talking! "Tree, I am no tree. I am an Ent!". It boomed. "Wait so who's side are you on, Ent?" I said to him. He boomed "I have no name, but some call me Treebeard! I am on nobody's side little Orc, because nobody is on our side!". Merry shouted to it "We are not Orcs, I am Merry and that's Pippin. We are Hobbits! Halflings! Shire Folk!". Merry shouted at the tree, but then the tree started to get angry. "Orc's come and go within our forests! Chopping, burning gnawing at our tree's. Killing our forests. You may or may not be Orcs! I will leave you to the white wizard, he will decide!". Treebeard shouted to us. I look at Merry and say "The white wizard.." Merry looked at me in fear and said.."Saruman..". Then after a few moments Treebeard dropped us a little distance from the ground. We both looked up at the exact same time as the bright light of the white wizard shone upon us. We look and witness the white wizard, wait.."It can not possibly be?.." I tailed on.