Chapter Seventeen

Meanwhile in Rohan: Aragorn's P.O.V.

We all ride swiftly to Helm's Deep! The Rohirrim people walking fast, fearing the mountains. I carry hope by a thread, hoping Aria is okay, hoping her, Gandalf and Boromir show. We cannot possibly break the lines of Isengard with the few warriors that we have, if Saruman believes he can reach us here, which I am certain he knows. His line of Orc's will have steadily grown. I try to remove such thoughts from my head, I will live and die defending the keep of Rohan if it comes to it. I look next to me and Theoden rides alongside me, his expression wearied, but keeping a brave face on for his people. I look ahead of me and I see Eowyn leading the horse of Gimli, controlling Arod. I listen intently to their conversation.

"Well you do not see many dwarf women. For they seem to be alike in voice and appearance, they are often mistaken for dwarf men!". I see Eowyn smile, a smile that could deter the darkness. She turns to me, smiling so I joke whispering "It's the beards!". While gesturing a long scraggly beard! We chuckle together, as she lightly says "Shhh", as she turns back to Gimli. "And people go under the impression that there are no dwarf women! That dwarves just spring out of holes in the ground!". We all laugh at this, Eowyn'slaugh lighting up the skies around us.

Then Gimli started to speak "Which is of course ridic--" his voice tailed off as Eowyn lost old of the reigns leading Arod to jump and gallop, leading Gimli to fall off of him! Eowyn stops laughing, however still with her smile, she runs to him and helps him back up, brusing him off. He then said "That was deliberate, I am okay, I am okay!". Eowyn smiled again the world around her shining brightly, as if she were a star. The sun complimenting her, I look and I become engrossed in the beauty of Eowyn.

-Later that night-In a dream-

Arwen's P.O.V.

"My love, the light of the evening star does not wax and wane, it is mine for me to give to whom I will...like my heart. Go too sleep". I say gently as I look down at Aragorn, my love. 

-Flashback-

Aragorn's P.O.V.

I open my eyes slowly and see I am back in Rivendell, Arwen sits before me, so pale, so beautiful. I say softly "I am asleep, this is a dream". She smiles down at me and proceeds to move towards me, she bends down and says softly "Then it is a good dream, my love" she slowly kisses me, and we stay embraced for not longer then 5 seconds. My heart raises on beats, aching. I have missed Arwen so. She steps away slowly and looks out from the balcony at Rivendell, I proceed to close my eyes, but I wish not to for I must be with her. I open them quickly and she is still here with me. 

"Arwen, you told me this day would come, but it has come to soon". I say looking over at her, her dress and her hair flowing in the wind, highlighting her beauty further. She continues to look forward but then she slowly turns to me and says softly "This is not the end, it is the beginning. You must go with Frodo, that is your path, this is what you need to do". I get up quickly of the seat and move to the balcony towards her. I get towards her and hold her resting my hand on her lower back, as her head leans on my shoulder, I say softly "My path is hidden from me, there is too much to do in such little time. Hope and faith is hanging by a thread". 

She proceeds to meet my eyes and says softly "Your path is laid in front of you, you cannot falter now. Middle-Earth needs you, Aragorn". I meet her gaze and softly say her name, doubting my path further. Then she quickly hushes me by placing her finger to my lips. She moves her hands to the evening star pendant that dangles on my neck. I clasp her hands in mine lovingly as she meets my gaze. She says lightly "If you trust nothing else, trust your heart...trust us". I hold her in my arms and we kiss, the dreamworld being my only sense of direction. I miss Arwen, I wish we could of been together, as one.