Chapter Fourteen

Aragon's P.O.V.

We are about to begin our journey to Helm's Deep when a realisation dawns over me. Theoden stands beside me the face of caution and fear protrude on his face. I quickly say "My Lord, Saruman is preparing his armies and he is doing it fast. I fear we have not enough strength in numbers to defeat Isengard". I say cautiously, trying to prevent anyone to here. Legolas, Gimli, Aria and Boromir however come to my side. Theoden looks at me anxiously and says "Who will come to our aid? All our old allies are dead or out of reach. It cannot be done, we can only go on hope". I look at him in shock and say "My Lord, hope is astray in such a situation, we need aid". I say softly only for him to retort "Who will come?! Please inform me of any allies that will come to the aid of Rohan in such tidings?". I stare at him angrily at his words, trying to think if what it is we could do to increase strength in Rohan. Then suddenly I see Aria about to speak.

Aria's P.O.V.

"My Lord! I have the answer to your problems!". I shout aloud to catch the attention of Aragorn and Theoden. Legolas tells me not to do it, im sure he knows what it is I am about to say, but if I can provide help, I will do anything! "Aria, speak" Theoden bent down slightly looking me in the eyes, fear etching his eyes. "My lord, my riders in Bolisderis, they are a trustworthy people, excellent fighters. If you allow me to ride home, I can reach my brother and we can assemble our best riders?!". I shout. Legolas looks at me and says "Aria, you cannot. It is dangerous". Aragorn looked at me, hope kindled. "Aye, I know. However I know all the short-cuts over Middle-Earth, if I leave now I can be there and back again before the eve of battle. Gandalf has already stated they start to march on the 4th night. I can be back by the third of the morning of the 4th or even just before battle! I cannot falter". I say breathlessly.

Then I hear Boromir pipe up with "I am a sworn protector to you Aria, I shall accompany you, the rest of you must stay with Theoden, Rohan needs all the help that can be given if we are not back as soon as we wish". He said, I smiled at him thanking him. Aragorn bends down to my eye level, places his hand on my shoulder "You carry hope for us Princess, go now and do not look back." he said silently, squeezing my shoulder. "We shall meet you all in battle!" I shout, "Boromir we ride! We must take separate horses, for we cannot go to war with two people on horseback". He smiled and said "As you wish Aria, let's go!". We say our farewells, I hug Gimli. I give Legolas a long horse as I understand he is worried for me "I shall be fine, I promise" I whisper to him, he lets go and nods with a light smile. I also hug Aragorn and Theoden before we run to the stables

I race for Doriel my favourite horse, and Boromir takes one of the horses given by Theoden, the horse named Mornifer. We both settle onto our horses and we take one last look of Edoras before we both shout "Go!". Making our horses speed across the plains, on my way back home.