(Unedited) Chapter Six: Old Friends

Recap:

Dayoung's POV

"Yes, Channie. She really said she wanted to meet up with you," I assure him. "Did she say why?" he asks me, almost as confused as I am. "No, she just said to meet her at your old spot at eight," I tell him. "She's doing it tonight," Chanshik mutters. "What? What's she doing?" I ask. "What she promised to do when I mentioned leaving," he chuckles. What she promised? Could it be...?

Yejin's POV

I sit under the old oak tree Chanshik, Dayoung, and I used to meet under... before he betrayed us and left. Five minutes left till eight, Chanshik should be here soon.

"Jin-ah? Is that you?" I hear Chanshik ask, seeing his silhouette walking towards me.

Right on time.

"Hey, Jin-ah," Chanshik says, walking in the light so I could see him now. I take a quick look at him. He hasn't changed much. He's just a little taller and his hair has grown out a bit. "Ahnyeong, Chanshik-ah," I softly start out. "H-how've you been?" he asks me, almost timidly.

He must still remember the promise I made him before he left.

"Being feeling a bit betrayed and angry lately but other than that I'm fine," I harshly spit out. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see him flinching slightly at my tone of voice. "Uh... So, Yejin. If you're going to yell at me, remind me what an a** I am, go on ahead. I know you're bursting to do it," he tells me. "Since you mentioned it, sure. Firstly, how? How could you just get up and leave without a word like that? Were you even thinking about me or Dayoung? No, you couldn't have been or you never would've left," I bark at him.

"Do you know how heartbroken I-we were?" I demand, hoping he didn't catch my slip-up. "I-I know that and I'm sorry but-" he starts to say but I cut him off.

"But? Of course there's a 'but'. I don't wanna hear it, Chanshik. You just packed up and left. You completely disappeared. You didn't say a word to us. We thought at first you might have been kidnapped or something, but we realized you would've put up a fight and your house was clean, untouched. We were both so crushed. You didn't even say goodbye," I shout. I look at him.

"I know. I know I should've said goodbye at least, but I was just so excited and-" he explainss but he stops. "Excited about what exactly, might I ask?" I say. "I found her, Jin-ah," he says, smiling.

"Her? You found her?"

"Yeah. They sent me back a match. She lives in Gyeonju. That's why I left. But when I left, I wasn't expecting to be staying there very long, but after she saw me, she asked me to stay with her so...." he explains. "You should've told us... or at least have said goodbye, but I'm happy you found her," I say, sadly.

"So, do you forgive me?" he asks, hopefully. "No. You should've also let me carry out my promise a little longer. Why'd you cut it so short?" I joke. "Just to let you know, I'm taking that as a 'yes'," Chanshik says back.

"So you find another guy yet?" he asks me, a bit awkwardly. "Uh... I guess you could kinda say I found five," I say. "What?!?!? You turned into a play-girl after I left!!!" he exclaims. "No. I work as a background dancer for BigBang. I'm pretty good friends with 'em, but I do have a complicated relationship with one," I say. "Which one?" Chanshik asks.

"Kwon Jiyong," I practically snarl.

"I'm guessing it's not the best relationship then," he chuckles. "He likes to mess with me. He does it more than you did," I say. "I guess you really did find a guy then," he says. "What about you? You find a lady after me?" I say in a teasing way. "Nah. Not really interested," he answers, trying to play it off coolly.