:DNAL: Chapter One

Chapter 1

I walked down the corridor, past the new screaming patient and through the doors to my boss, Ron. He was worried. I had been in this office enough to know that when Ron was staring out of the window, with one hand behind his back and a cigar that should be illegal to have in this building, it meant he was worried.

"Morgan, as you might of seen, we have a new patient." He said, turning towards me. I nodded.

"Yes, the one that came kicking and screaming this morning" I said. I knew what he was going to say. He said it all in the look.

“Another? You expect me to shuffle six patients? I know I'm good Ron, but I'm not that good.” I started.

"Morgan, this one is in need of your full attention. He is dangerous and everyone knows it. I will give you a raise, and I will have Judy take your other patients." He said.

"What? So I only have one?" I asked, baffled, I hadn't had one patient since I was new to the job, since then my experience has been used for more than one Crazy at a time.

"With this one, your going to need all the time you can get."  He replied. That made me even more curious. First, the whole of the entrance doctors, receptionist, and nurses, now Ron is saying I should need all the help I can get?

"Ron, who is this guy? Why is every one so...worried?" I asked finally. Ron looked at me like I was crazy for a second, excuse the pun.

"I though you saw him. Morgan- It's Lucas Thame." My eyes widened slightly, Lucas Thame was The most wanted person in Britain.  He had killed so many it could fill a war memorial.  He is known as a criminal mastermind. I smirked. This was going to be a challenge.

* * *

The rest of the day and most of the night was spent on studying old news papers about Lucas, where he came from, who was his parents, and I found that he had a little sister called Georgia. She went to a boarding school in America and I was pretty sure nobody knew about her. Apparently, her parents wanted to keep her a secret from her brother before Lucas killed them. I had hacked into there old computer storage to find this information, I think I broke a law doing it to. A beeping went off my alarm. It was 7:00am. I had spent all night researching this mad man. I could almost name every person he killed as well as all to most of his personal information. Which brought me to an interesting finding.

I wandered around the Mad house for a while until finally Ron came in.

"Do you know it's Lucas' birthday next week?" I asked. He didn't seem that interested but I was. Whether a killer or a innocent person, Every one has an attachment to his or hers birthday. I planned to play that to my favour. Finally, 10 o’clock rolled around and it was time to meet my new patient in person. I expected some screaming from behind the big metal door, but all I could hear was silence. I put a comforting hand on Mick, the guard, because he looked like he really didn't want to be there.

"He has already put Cherly in hospital, Morgan. Be careful." I raised my eyebrows, Cherly was an famous brute. She had won the world champion arm wrestling and she could get any man down in this whole hospital. I looked at the door.

This was really going to be fun.