Chapter 11 - Broken

This was possibly the weirdest day I've had since I got here in London and that information would probably be really weird to most people if they didn't understand how the rest of my winter break was going. I mean, today I actually hung out with my mum! That was really weird since this whole vacation so far was just her going out with people she had met God knows where, so I just ended up hanging out with people who I met on my own as well. There was nothing wrong with that, but since the meaning of this vacation was to hang out with my mum a bit more and all we really did was to our separate ways, today was just odd.

"So, did you have fun with your friends last night?" I decided to ask now that we had just gotten home.

“Oh, yeah.” She began with a small nod as she began to unlock our hotel room. “Just went out for a couple drinks. Did you have fun with your friends?”

I nodded at her as we began to walk inside, though I was more then sure that she didn’t notice so I decided to speak anyway. “Well, it was just me and Liam--”

“That boy who was playing FIFA with you a couple days back?”

I rolled my eyes at the fact that she interrupted me, but laughed at it anyway. “Yeah.”

“Oh! He’s just lovely. Sweet, sweet boy, he is. His parents must be-”

“Mum, please, can I finish?” I asked her through my chuckles, causing her to chuckle as well. She nodded and allowed me to continue. “Well, it was just me and Liam. I met another friend here, his name is Louis, but he didn’t come because, ya know, I don’t even know if he knows Liam. Probably not. But, we just went and got a snack and walked and stuff. Nothing special. Then we kinda saw his friend Zayn, who I met a couple times, but we really didn’t talk to him. It was a pretty good day.”

My mother had wide eyes and a wide grin, just nodding at all of my words. I swear, she was holding in laughter or something, but I couldn’t really put my finger on it. It was just weird. “Well, I’m glad you had a good time Niall.” Okay, I heard the silent snickers that time. I crossed my arms across my chest and rose a brow at her.

“What?”

I just kept looking at her for a second.

“What?”

“Why are you laughing at me?” That was when she actually started laughing a wee bit. “I just think it’s cute!”

“Cute.” She stretched for a bit before sitting at the table. “Your and Liam’s friendship. It’s like you boys are brothers! Or maybe even dating.”

WHAT!?!? “Whoa, whoa, whoa, mum. No! I don’t like Liam, okay. He’s just one of me mates, like Josh or Dan!” She made a humming sound before standing up to her feet to only walk over to me and ruffle my hair some. “Well, I’m just speaking my opinion, Niall. Looks like you and him have a cute, little bromance goin’ on.” I groaned, but she only giggled. I didn’t understand what she was talking about, but I thought it was weird. It’s not like me and Liam ever playfully flirted or anything. We was just friends is all.

“Just me mate, Mum. Honestly.” She shrugged, grabbing her purse from the table. Was she seriously going back out again to leave me here, alone in the hotel room? “Well, just know this, Niall.” She kissed the top of my head. “If you and that Liam boy started dating than I’d be more than happy for you.” I made a low growl sound that I was sure she didn’t hear. I mean, it was nice to know that my Mum was okay with me having a boyfriend and all, but the fact that she brought Liam up in that, who was only my friend, was just unsettling.

“Well, I’m going to be out, Niall.”

“Surprise, surpise.”

She turned around to face me with her brows laced together in a nice little crease. “Oh? What’s that supposed to mean?” I rolled my eyes, this time in an unlawful manner. “Wasn’t this trip for us, Mum? I mean, I’ve spent one whole day with you, and how long have we been here?” My mum looked at me to only release a sigh from her lungs. “But don’t you…don’t you like hanging out with your new friends?” I nodded. “Well, I do too, Niall. I’m sorry, but, hey, tomorrow is Christmas Eve. We’ll spend the whole day together, okay?”