Chapter 3 - Bakeries and Buses

Arriving at England, my mum and I got off the plane and got our bags quickly. This place was beautiful. It was even better than all the pictures I saw on the internet. Everything was just stunning.

“Why don’t you go check out the town, Niall? I’ll take the bags and we’ll meet back at the hotel, okay?” My mum offered me a piece of paper with the address of our hotel scribbled on it before giving me a tight hug. “Be safe, keep warm, and don’t lose that phone. Understand?” I nodded over to her before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. This was going to be a fun break, I just knew it.

Shoving my hands in my pocket along with the slip of paper, I began to make my way through the snowy streets of England. I was starving, which wasn’t really new, so I settled for a cute little bakery on the side of the road. It seemed simple enough, so I walked in.

The door rung a small bell, indicating a new customer - me- and I walked in to go straight for the glass displays. There were cakes, and biscuits, and cinnamon rolls, and breads, and so many other pastries. I could feel my mouth water at the sight of everything, but it's not like I could buy the whole store. Hell, if I could than I would, but not like i had that kind of money. Not like I was a famous pop star or anything making millions of dollars.

"Hello. Can I help you?"

I slowly looked up from the display case with a light pink spread across my cheeks. I hadn't noticed I was pressed up against the glass case until I heard a husky voice chuckle over to me. He looked about my age with bright green eyes and curly brunet locks. He smiled over to me, showing me two beautiful dimples at each side of his mouth. Who knew British boys were so cute.

"Uh..." I began a bit lost for words, but not only because I couldn't make up my mind on what I wanted, but because he was so captivating.

He smiled and gave me a small nod. "Don't worry. No rush." He assured before going over to what seemed to be a small coffee maker. There was no one else in the bakery right now, so the fact that he was making coffee confused me slightly, but I decided not to comment on it. I had other things to decide on anyway.

"Um...actually..." He looked up from what he was doing and looked over to me. "I...uh..could I actually get a few bagels?" He smiled before walking back over to the case to retrieve some for me.

"How many?" He asked.

"Oh, three is perfect, thanks."

He nodded and began filling a small bag for me. Now all I could hope for was that this was enough food for me. I was known to eat a lot. The lads back home never let me forget it and i never denied it. I liked me some food. Nothing to be ashamed about that, right?

"So..." He began as he made his way to the cash register to ring me up. "You're not from around here. Am I right?" I nodded to him as I fished in my wallet for some money. "Can I guess it to be Ireland?" I nodded a bit before taking the bag from him. I didn't know what gave me away, my red leprechaun beard or the rainbow that followed me everywhere I went . "Vacation then?" He asked curiously, making me nod again.

The curly haired lad gave me a cheeky grin as my receipt printed out. He was defiantly a cute boy. "Well, don't be a stranger, Kay?" He asked me as he scribbled something on my receipt.

"Yeah. I'll probably be back tomorrow or something." I laughed as I took the receipt from him.

He nodded a bit to me and gave me a wink. "I look forward to it."

I blushed a bit before I began to make my way out. I gave the boy a wave before exiting the small shop. Once I was outside I took a bagel from my bag and began to eat it. They seemed really warm and fresh and it was amazing. It was official, I needed to come back to this place.