Abused In Purple... Chapter 5

Opening up my dresser drawer I grabbed a pair of black baggy running shorts that had white strips down each side. I closed the wood drawer and opened the next one under it and pulled out gray t-shirt that was a few sizes to big like every other artical of clothing I have.

Carefully I pulled of my shorts not letting the alastic waist band touch my soar and black and purple thighs. My whole body ached and was covered in purple splotches. The area around my ribs are black and blue and puffed up. I look like train wreck but when don't I.

Sighing I slipped on my new clothes and grabbed my only back pack. Slowly bending over I started to pick up my laundry in the corner of my room and shoving it in my old tattered bag and ziping it. Pushung off the ground I swipped my money off the dresser and headed towards the kitchen to make something to eat. It would be nice not to have to limp so much.

I made some toast and poored myself a glass of refreshing, pulp free, acidic orange juice. I love the feeling of something cold like juice traveling down my throught to my stomach. Setting my dishes in the sink I left my bag laying on the counter and went to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth.

In the mirror sat a girl who was abused and ignored. Her hair was a little past her chest and it was black, wavy and choppy. The ends were frayed and split. The shirt she had on was huge on her and her shors went to her knobby knees. She didn't wak with confident like other girls. After everything she has been through it was hard to find the confidence to walk tall.

A hot tear slipped out of my eye and ran down my cheek. I raised my hand and whipped it away. I pulled open the top drawer and pulled out my tooth brush, tooth paste, brush and scissors. My hair needed to be trimmed again. I could never afford to go in and have it cut.

After trimming a good inch off my hair I pulled it back into a loose pony- tail. Putting some minty off brand paste onto my oral-B tooth brush I started to brush my teeth. I spit the now white paste into the sink and wrinsed it out and put every thing back in the top drawer

Pulling my back pack off the counter I glently slid my arms through the staps and let the bag hand off shoulders.

Here I go another day. Maybe today will be a good day. No jerks to make fun of me or push me down more.

The first place I stopped was the laundry matt to wash my closes. I put 5.00$ in the machine for quarters and slid some in the washer and hit start. I heard the door click signaling that it was starting the washing cyce. I opened the back pocket of my back and dumped the rest of the hand full of quarters in it.

Looking down at my list of things to do

~Get a picture ID down at the DMV

~Buy a carry on luggage case

~Call Aunt Bonnie

Okay so next I should stop at the DMV. I should also have a picture ID before I call aunt Bonnie to so I know that I can get on the plane.

Fifteen minutes later I reached the DMV. The building was nice. Definately professional. The whole outside was a set in a mix of cream and brown bricks. There was a huge black top parking lot in the front with freshly painted bright yellow lines. Along the front of the building were wood benches. I walked up the concrete path and towards the black tinted doors.

Halway up the path a woman who looked to be in her fourtys looked at me and glared. As I passed her she hissed at me. I stiffled a scream and hurried to the doors. I pulled one open and walked in side. Inside was cool. I wish my house could be this cool. My house was always so hot and stuffy.